Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to Claybuster 1118-12 wads. Aren't they a Winchester type wad ? Isn't a Winchester hull straight walled? IMR's 700-X has recipies for Remington STS/Nitros using them.......Is any of this correct? I guess my other question is : Should a tapered wad always be used in a tapered hull? And straight wad in straight walled hull?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You should not use win wads in straight wall hulls as powder will get around cup. Get your Gamaliel catalog out and you can go to their wad section and compare them. The same wad that is used in Tapered AA's can be used in Nitro's and STS's. Jackie B.

I forgot to add that cb1118-12 wads are replacement wads for Winchester WAA12 wads.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have been using lots of these wads, now I am beginning to reconsider them as I am getting tired of all the plastic build up, anybody else seeing this?

Rick

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
Hivolt,

I don't care much for claybuster, and don't use them any more. They don't go through my reloader's wad fingers very well, and there's a lot of plastic build-up.

Try Downrange wads!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The only Claybuster I use is the CB4100 Lightning, and thats for 7/8 "short range" loads as Skeet and Singles. I am a DownRange convert and won't consider anything else!

AndyH

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am switching to Downrange.....but have some leftover CB-1118-12' s. Wanna just GET rid of them. 500=20 boxs =I'll maybe just burn the rest ! P.S. anyone wanna buy 500 of them for shipping ONLY?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I will gladly use them. I don't have a problem with them as I am able to shoot mid to low ninties in all four gauges with them at skeet or 16 yard trap. If I thought I would improve my scores I would switch to Downrange though. Jackie B.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.