Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi TM1 (Ithaca) Fixed Full with Stock Lock and a Bowen Release.
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are good shells and reasonably priced. I pick up a case/flat whenever I drive near the gun store - part of my plan to invest for the future. I have never had a problem with the shells. They fire as expected and - best of all - they LOOK GREAT.

I have found that the inner boxes are poorly sealed. Two sprung open last weekend as they jostled in my bag - in the trunk. I've talked to other shooters who have had similar experiences.

My SOP now is to open the case, tape each inner box top and bottom, and return to case. Yes, it's a hassle, but worth it because the shells look so good. Right?!

Larry

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I feel terrible now - my reloads are dull and the crimps are discolored - didn't know the shells had to look good too.

rm

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Are you kidding? Don't you get a little tingly when you see a brand new box of Federal papers, or Nitro27's in your pouch/vest? I do! I also could understand why you might do this to your shell boxes.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
So that's why my scores are in the tank,,,,,,, my shells don't LOOK PRETTY. I did buy "a" box (Peters Blue Magic) of brand new shells once but they were so good looking I just couldn't bring myself to actually shoot them so they are still sitting on the shelf where I can admire them. GRIN chuckle chuckle Ross Puls

PS Sure wish that was a valid excuse.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I had several flats of RIO 1 ounce loads about 2-3 years ago and several boxes only had 24 shells in them. Not a big issue for the price I was paying, but I had to make sure I had an extra with me at all times.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Big Don, what happened to our hostile takeover on the Michigan Trapshooting facility?

The website link doesn't work from the ATA HOA page either. The place is going to the dogs.

Barry Kemper

·
Registered
909 Posts
Invest for the future?
I can't buy em as fast as I shoot em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.