Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,323 Posts
I just went through the surgery on both eyes. The easiest and least painful surgical procedure that I have ever experienced. I have worn spectacles since my early 40's and I'm about to be 69! My spectacles are now in a drawer beside my recliner and will not be needed again. Vision in both eyes is 20/20 and I did not realize just how blind I truly was!!! I haven't had a chance to shoot but a couple of rounds since the surgery so I really don't know if or how much it helped. But, did you know that the targets we shoot here in Texas have black ring on the bottom...................I didn't !!!

· Registered
4,775 Posts
Has anyone tried the multifocal implants? How much were they?
Multifocal implants are great if you like seeing "halos" around lights at night. Only had one eye done as only one was bad.Now it's difficult driving at night. If I had it to do over again I would go with single vision and saved $2700.

Reactions: TC

· Registered
6,257 Posts
1. Do your research. Here's a place to start learning about IOL's :

2. Research doctors also; best method is word of mouth, in your local area.

· Registered
802 Posts
Did mono as I am 1 eye shooter anyway. Very pleased as can read and text , shoot hunt and drive without glasses. Also had to have macular degeneration correction done in non dominate eye.66 now been 2 years. 4k for cataract surgery, but insurance pd all. Same as retina macular surgery, 24k, insurance Pd all. Work and drive nights, no halo issues for me.

· Registered
2,251 Posts
I have very small cataracts. Thinking about cataract surgery. anyone who had the surgery: did it help your shooting? can you get rid of prescription?
Had both sides done. Severe stigmatisms in both eyes. Got me to 20/25 in left eye and 20/40 corrected in right eye. Best they could do. Get along pretty well without glasses but still see a little clearer with glasses. Would do again.

· Registered
36,838 Posts
I found this interesting. I have been told, after having LASIK, cataract surgery requires a little more process than surgery with out LASIK. I ran across this which says it is possible to have LASIK after cataract surgery although it is quite rare, LASIK fixed my severe astigmatism in one eye which was 20-400 before and 20-40 after LASIK.

“Basically, LASIK surgery treats the cornea and cataract surgery treats the lens of the eye. Treating one doesn’t inhibit treating the other. Which of course not only means that you can have cataract surgery after LASIK, but also that you can have LASIK after cataract surgery. However, the latter is becoming more of an unlikely scenario given the advancement in IOL technology. Premium IOLs can be fully customized to correct any refractive errors and potentially eliminate the need for a procedure like LASIK after cataract surgery.”

· Registered
296 Posts
My cataract procedure was pretty much like what everybody else reports; instant 20-20 vision for everything except very close up (15" or less) work. Cheap readers for the close up. The doctor said I could shoot immediately. After a lifetime of working and playing outside, not having to wear glasses is a blessing. No more spray when sailing, sweat and dirt on my glasses, slipping down my nose, all the things that go with wearing glasses. As for the actual procedure, I'd rather do it than have my teeth cleaned at the dentist office. Piece of cake.

· Registered
2,251 Posts
I found this interesting. I have been told, after having LASIK, cataract surgery requires a little more process than surgery with out LASIK. I ran across this which says it is possible to have LASIK after cataract surgery although it is quite rare, LASIK fixed my severe astigmatism in one eye which was 20-400 before and 20-40 after LASIK.

“Basically, LASIK surgery treats the cornea and cataract surgery treats the lens of the eye. Treating one doesn’t inhibit treating the other. Which of course not only means that you can have cataract surgery after LASIK, but also that you can have LASIK after cataract surgery. However, the latter is becoming more of an unlikely scenario given the advancement in IOL technology. Premium IOLs can be fully customized to correct any refractive errors and potentially eliminate the need for a procedure like LASIK after cataract surgery.”
Went through this. Dr. redid my right eye after found out i had had Lasik. Apparently changes the lense that they use.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.