Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cast on or cast off? Citroi 725 sporting?
I've done a search on here, called Browning and looked at the rest of the web. Does the 725 Sporting have cast off/on. I'm under the impression that no Citori has cast on/off. I'm wanting to get one for my left handed son but they no longer make the left handed Citoris. Before I commit to getting a right hand gun I thought I would ask here. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
FYI the cast ON is a term used for a Left Hand cast stock. Cast OFF is the term used for a Right hand cast stock. Neutral means that there is no cast ( the stock is straight)

·
Registered
338 Posts
They make left handed 725s. I shoot lefty and I picked up my friends new XT trap and couldn't notice any and it shouldered well when I adjusted the comb to me. Hope that helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LH 725 have been discontinued as of october 2014. they have no intention of bringing them back as of today. I confirmed with them again today. You might find one on the open market but you can't get one from browning any longer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct. I've checked several times since last summer direct with Browning to check for a LH 725 hoping they would have one show up or be returned but I'm writing it off now.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Depending on manufacturer some guns will have a palm swell for either right or left hand shooters along with the toe turned in or out but with little or no cast. The toe is the bottom stock/recoil pad. An easy way to check a stock for cast is to rest the recoil pad on the end of your shoe and sight down the rib looking to see if the comb or stock bends off the to the right or left. Turn the gun over and sight down the underside of the barrel looking to see which way the stock bends and the toe points, if the toe points right its set up for a right hander if it points left its a lefty.

I'm left handed and owned several guns with neutral or zero cast but with the toe pointing the wrong direction for me making the gun uncomfortable to shoot. You can correct the the toe direction with an adjustable recoil pad.

Surfer

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are really wanting one it's been a month or so the Fin Feather Fur in Ashland Ohio had a LH 725 sporting with 32s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts