Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of my freinds and I are thinking of making a trip from TX to shoot some of the winter chain in AZ. I see that Casa Grande is having a shoot 1/25-2/6,. I have never ben to this club, can any shooters out there that have ben there give me their thoughts???

·
Registered
527 Posts
Picture a very modest club in the middle of sand hills (mountains) and cactus where you shoot east and where the wind usually blows and you have Casa Grande. I did have the best Handicap of my last year there however (97) and won the pot. So I guess it's a great spot. Glenn

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I have not been out there since the new owners have taken over but it was always a good club to shoot at, the targets could be rather challenging if the wind was blowing in the right direction ... I guess thats pretty much the same at all clubs though ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Casa Grande is a Great place to shoot, The people are very pleasant and the targets are generally easy to see, it's easy to locate, and the surrounding area is very Sonoran. The only complaint I have ever heard is that they shoot "quick 50's" thats where you take 2 boxes of shells to the line and run through 2 rounds 5 to a post with no break, although I don't mind it, there are some Shooters that can not shoot 2 rounds in a row with out that little break in between due to health reasons, I personally know a couple shooters that like the facility but dont go because of the quick 50 format.

Mark Williams

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
The green targets were a hoot. I like the place a lot. If you want nearby shopping malls or restaurants don't bother, this is a place to shoot. You can get a lot of targets there.

Last time I was there I bought Harvey in the Calcutta and got a few bucks back.

Neil Winston has his name on the wall, too. I will go back again some day.

HM

·
Registered
616 Posts
We wre there last febuary for a month ,,We enjoyed our stay,, met some really nice folks ,,The owners are fixing the place up ,We are scheduled for the month of Feb. again ,Don't know if we'll get to go ,,My mother-in-law is under going radiation ,Ellen wants to wait and see how that goes first ,Mx8Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.