Trapshooters Forum banner

Carlsons chokes opinions?

3507 32
Just recieved a sponsorship with carlsons chokes and got some gold comp. Extended chokes. what are your experiences with carlsons? how are they different from the rest?
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy your new chokes. They will work just as good as any other brand. If you plan on getting any other sponsor's in the future? You need to try selling the heck out of the Carlson chokes now!!! Good Luck on your Journey. break em all jeff
Go ahead and visit choketube.com for all your hunting and sporting needs ;)😂

· Registered
2,532 Posts
I have always had great luck with Carlson's. I have taken advantage of some of their sales and service was great and they have a good website with lots of information. Anytime I have called, they answer my questions and never rush through the call. Like Slickhead said, there is NO magic choke company, but there is good service

· Premium Member
691 Posts
I've been happy with the Carlson's tubes and also with their threading service. I've had two Remington barrels threaded by them and they did a fine job and got the barrel back to me in a timely manner.

Pete

· Registered
13,503 Posts
Go ahead and visit choketube.com
Thanks for the offer, but No!!! I have all the MIdas Grade, Briley chokes I will ever need. My 525 came with 5 of them. I have expanded my collection greatly since that time. They fit and work in my BT-100 great as well. I like the gold ring (Bling) look at the end of my barrels as well. break em all Jeff

· Read Only
88 Posts
So a question then- for Carlson flush-fit Beretta Mobil choke tubes- will a Browning Invector Plus key/wrench work with it or does it need another wrench? Tired of having to continually tighten Victory extended choke tubes.

· Registered
434 Posts
How do they pattern for you with your particular shells and gun? That is the question that most are unwilling to answer via labor intensive patterning work. I get it; it's much easier to say you need a X Brand or constriction than to base your decision on a few empirical tests.

· Registered
36,819 Posts
Does Carlson actually manufacture their own chokes or are they made by a another party? I saw reference charts by Carlson and Briley and they were identical in the cross reference including blanks for Gamba and one other shotgun brand.

· Registered
946 Posts
I shoot trap now with my cremator LR non ported optima (basically an IM). Vaporizes targets.
I use black oxide extended in all my other guns. Cheaper than Briley or trulock. The black seems to last and they are a bit longer in length. I like them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.