Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trying some different chokes in my 1100 trap gun. I have a full set of Rem chokes. Has anyone done a comparison with Carlson chokes or what would you recommend for a Remington 1100 trap? Is there a difference between say the Carlson flush fit chokes and the Carlson extented fit chokes? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dandy Randy I returned to trap after a 35 year layover. I started with a Rem 1100 , purchased a used briley extended IM choke, Did well with it. Purchased a Rem 1100 Compitition put a Carlson extended IM choke , doing extremley well with the Carlson. In Ontario Canada I can hardly afford the Briley chokes The Carlson chokes I have Do me well. The REM /Briley chokes that came with the Competition I'm not to fussy about. Cheers RRP

·
Administrator
8,281 Posts
Take the time to pattern your chokes if you have not had the chance and take some notes/pictures ect.
I have used the Carlson's extended chokes in the past for both Beretta and Browning and found them to be affordable and decent performance.
My dad experienced very good results with the Carlson's choke he purchased for his Browning 725 which uses the DS choke system.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have patterned the Rem chokes. Been shooting 16 yard with the Rem modified and doing well with it. It patterned pretty decently with the modified but not what I would call real good. I just happen to have a Carlson IM extended that I used in my 1100 field gun but haven't tried it in my trap gun yet. Went to Fleet Farm and bought some more Winchester 1 1/8 #8 light Super Targets this afternoon. The Walmarts around here are always out of the 1145 and 1200 super targets. Wind blew hard here all day so didn't think it would be productive to go the club and shoot or pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts