Trapshooters Forum banner

Cardinal

3374 Views 22 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  DuckDog
Any info on ammo components availability?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,992 Posts
Are the numbers down for attendance there too. I should think it will be with all the Covid fears plus the lack of ammo and components. When available the cost increases are going to have impact too I am afraid. Just curious on attendance.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Local shooters to me, did not go due to the target setting, I don't know how widespread this "boycott" is.

If anyone wants to know the real reason the shoot is down 28% or so, so far, you'd have to ask one of the Ohio experts on the other site.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I would think the shoot would almost have to be down. A lot of eastern shooters went last year instead of going to the grand in MO.

This was me. Took the money I was going to spend at the Grand and spent it in Ohio instead. I had a great time but with the Grand back in Sparta that takes precedence.

· Registered
79 Posts
Local shooters to me, did not go due to the target setting, I don't know how widespread this "boycott" is.

If anyone wants to know the real reason the shoot is down 28% or so, so far, you'd have to ask one of the Ohio experts on the other site.
What “boycott” and I have never had bad targets at the Cardinal

· Registered
371 Posts
What “boycott” and I have never had bad targets at the Cardinal
Target setting has become to concentrated on setting for the “curtain” in many eyes, refusal to reset traps and the hoop setting is bogus. Some of the most sporadic doubles targets in the country. Personally I wish they never put the curtain up, hundreds feel the same way.

· Registered
441 Posts
I would think attendance is down to what has already been said. A lot of shooters went to Cardinal last year instead of Missouri, also shell availability, and covid. Also a lot of shooters see the Grand as there last shoot of target year unless chasing points. The main events will probably have more, not wasting ammo on preliminary events.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.