Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are on the way Cardinal Center!

10,000 competitors, coaches, parents, siblings and grandparents. Not counting vendors and support staff

Good Luck to all!!!!

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
I was at the Cardinal Center this morning. Quite a crowd. Definately larger crowd than the Ohio State Shoot, probably because of all the parents, coaches, and relation watching. I watched a squad of 5 little people (barely taller than their guns) shoot, and when they moved to the next bank, about 15 people went with them!

Watched some of the pistol matches too. Some of those kids can shoot!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The cardinal has been booming this whole week. Skeet, trap, sporting, international, pistol. Every field was popping. I'd say the cardinal is well equipped to handle this event for the forseeable future. BYG

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,

I believe the numbers for Skeet and Sporting are up about 300 (combined)
The 200 singles had a total of 400 squads, however, I didn't take time to see if all the squads were full. Even if they were full that's 2000 competitors for the 200 singles. that is a little less ( about 100 ) than they had last year.
In the last 8-10 years I've been involved with Youth Trapshooting the SCTP has grown each year.
It did not grow any more this year than it has in any other year.
The move to the Cardinal for this years event did not expand the numbers anymore than normal.
I was not able to attend due to work but the team I'm involved with has 22 athletes attending and they have had a good time.
All have mentioned that it is very congested and they like Sparta better.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Are any of the scores posted on line?
Or how many teams from each state attended?
The total youth shooting in the USA right now in trap alone is getting to be a number that has to be pretty impressive.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dave,

I believe the numbers for Skeet and Sporting are up about 300 (combined)
The 200 singles had a total of 400 squads, however, I didn't take time to see if all the squads were full. Even if they were full that's 2000 competitors for the 200 singles. that is a little less ( about 100 ) than they had last year.
In the last 8-10 years I've been involved with Youth Trapshooting the SCTP has grown each year.
It did not grow any more this year than it has in any other year.
The move to the Cardinal for this years event did not expand the numbers anymore than normal.
I was not able to attend due to work but the team I'm involved with has 22 athletes attending and they have had a good time.
All have mentioned that it is very congested and they like Sparta better.

You are correct that there are a few less individuals shooting the clay target events, but they are shooting more different events and there are more total targets being thrown in the clay target events than were thrown last year. From the people that I talked to and from what I observed this has been a very successful first year for the Cardinal Center SCTP shoot. With good scheduling the 16yd trap event could be held on two days rather than four days and still have time for more entries. At our Ohio singles championship there were 1142 paid entries that shot 200 targets and it was completed by about 5:00. This computes out to almost 2300 shooting 100 targets in this time frame. I am sure that some things need to be tweaked somewhat in the future, but I didn't find anyone who said they preferred the former site. A couple of things that people that I talked to and visited with seemed to like were that you could be anywhere on the grounds in only a matter of a few minutes and that there were so many other things to do with in a half hour or less of the Cardinal Center. In closing I'm sure that there have been things learned and things will only run smoother next year and there will be a lot more grass. In my opinion the Cardinal Management and workers have done a very good job hosting this shoot.

Dave Berlet

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the SCTP is under contract with the WSRC through 2017 but that doesn't mean anything unless the Illinois politicians get their heads out of their asses and pass a budget so the WSRC can stay open year round.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe the SCTP is under contract with the WSRC through 2017 but that doesn't mean anything unless the Illinois politicians get their heads out of their asses and pass a budget so the WSRC can stay open year round.
WM78, just rejoined the ATA after a hiatus since around 2003 so am not that familiar with the WSRC location other than the back and forth debate I read about on here with the Cardinal center. My question is why is the ILL. government involved in the ATA at all. Does the shooting grounds not have the ability to support itself by staying open year round. Who owned the grounds when it was at Vandalia was it the state or did the ATA. I don't understand why the ATA would want their agenda controlled by a State gov. I know I read on here and heard it at different shoots this year about where the Grand was even going to held due to the lack of the "Illinois politicians get their heads out of their asses and pass a budget". I shot the Ohio State shoot for first time at the Cardinal Center....real nice place and having never shot at the WSRC would never pass judgement on it. I assume it too is a wonderful place to shoot

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
If you keep posting the absolute worthless gibberish you have done so far in attempt to run your post count up, you'll never make 50 posts because you'll be banned long before you get there. Just a word of warning.
We can only hope.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts