Trapshooters Forum banner

Cardinal center

2096 17
Just arrived home from the Buckeye Open, what a great shoot! Started a little soggy but ended with a beautiful weekend. Saturday had 264 squads! Wonderful to see all the young kids shooting. Special thanks to all the trap help and also everyone involved in shoot offs. Everything ran smooth, a lot of great scores and great camaraderie among friends.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,763 Posts
Just arrived home from the Buckeye Open, what a great shoot! Started a little soggy but ended with a beautiful weekend. Saturday had 264 squads! Wonderful to see all the young kids shooting. Special thanks to all the trap help and also everyone involved in shoot offs. Everything ran smooth, a lot of great scores and great camaraderie among friends.
They need more help.

· Registered
285 Posts
I normally dont shoot post 1 for doubles for obvious reasons, but did today because only there for one day and my buddy and I wanted to fill a squad. They set the best doubles I have ever shot. Consistently square to the field and the right height. Didnt miss one first target
THANKS CARDINAL SETTERS!!

· Registered
285 Posts
Great targets. Had to shoot post 1 for doubles which I never have. Didnt miss one first target! Thanks trap setters!

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Based on RJS's numbers the whole shoot was way up even after being way down the first two days probably caused by the pouring rain. Sportsmen Den had shells yet Saturday afternoon when I stopped in to buy some. They ran out of light 8's and light 7.5s. They still had heavy 7.5's saturday afternoon. The days of $55 (or maybe even lower) are gone WAD. You might as well realize it and move on.

· Registered
2,877 Posts
We shot banks 4,5, 6,&9
We only had trouble with one score keeper that couldn't keep proper score on a short squad.
We never ran out of birds, or waited on score keepers.
CEB personnel were friendly, efficient, even understanding
The line officials were able to find out quickly if we were not a 5 person squad.
Not sure what could have been done better, Other than the road.
Wish they would smooth that a bit.

· Registered
227 Posts
Once again, Jack Fishburns crew did a great job. We, as shooters, will always be indebted to him for created such a place.
As DustyDoo alluded to, the road could use a little tending. The entrance is very confusing, having to swerve around the laundra-mat
building. Also, I wish there was a way to make people read & understand/obey the "DO NOT ENTER" sign located at the exit near the restaurant. Several times,
I was facing an oncoming car/truck/golf cart, when they should not have been on that roadway. Kudos to the "water", as she made sure everyone was tended to.

· Registered
894 Posts
+1 on the water lady. Shooting singles on Saturday and it was warm. Came off second trap and was a bit zoned out, mad at myself for dropping a bird. Hearing protection still in, so I did not see/hear her offer of water, and I REALLY needed it. She got out of her cart and walked over to me, making sure I took some. She's just a doll.

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,763 Posts
The days of $55 (or maybe even lower) are gone WAD. You might as well realize it and move on.
I haven't fired a factory shell in nearly two years.
Im going to the cardinal for the first time in a couple weeks. Do they take cards? or is it cash or check only?
Cash or check. ATM on site.
I hear those same words at our club all the time from the guys sitting on there backside just watching us work!
Totally different scenario.

· Registered
191 Posts
I agree it was a great shoot...at least for the weekend. I only shot the HAA events. Doubles targets in my bank were great. That’s about my only complaint I ever have at the Cardinal, bad doubles targets. No complaining this time! See you all at the OH State shoot, bring your AAA game 😉

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.