Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope they are ready. They said they will be ready to go in two weeks. Traps are in and concrete is poured. Needs wiring and targets. Moving dirt all over the place. 50 people working. They are building 4 international bunkers plus the one on the main trap line. Total, 5. Probably the biggest in the country.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200626133536222_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200626133532902_COVER.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations to everyone involved in this project. There are too few bunkers in the U.S. and only a handful of facilities have this many. A line of four bunkers allows for top level international competitions and I hope that is the the long term plan here. As some of you probably know, the bunkers built for the Atlanta Olympics were demolished some years back to make way for an outdoor concert venue.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes this will be a nice facility however we have a semilar one being completed in West Palm Beach now. It would already be open if it was not for the China virus. We expect to have the five bunkers up and running before the end of the year. It’s great they were getting these numbers bunkers built around the country. I believe every club should have a bunker.

tom

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll be interested to see the assessment of Cardinal's pick in a year or two. I've seen the LaPort's operate and if I had my pick based on other's comments and my own experience with an installation carried out by LaPort and having shot over them, I think West Palm should be very happy

·
Registered
642 Posts
It would appear the Cardinal bunkers will not have the roof of the bunker at ground level. Is there a reason or is this a case of "that's good enough"?
I'll have an opportunity to see the Promatics in action as the LaPorte's have been replaced by Promatic at my most proximate club.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have never been a fan of promatics Their inconsistent release of the target can sometimes very difficult to deal with. They are great sporting clays machine but not bunker. They have made some improvements and are getting better. I was happy that the state chose Laporte at West Palm Beach. I was very concerned if they had bought promatic USAS inColorado springs took out the promatics and replace them with Laportes

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'll be interested to see the assessment of Cardinal's pick in a year or two. I've seen the LaPort's operate and if I had my pick based on other's comments and my own experience with an installation carried out by LaPort and having shot over them, I think West Palm should be very happy
They already have one, been there over 6 years.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
It would appear the Cardinal bunkers will not have the roof of the bunker at ground level. Is there a reason or is this a case of "that's good enough"?
I'll have an opportunity to see the Promatics in action as the LaPorte's have been replaced by Promatic at my most proximate club.
Might it be that they haven’t done the final grade yet? It seems that if they were going to go through all the work and expense of putting them in that they would make them regulation in every way.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The Datapoint for bunkers is the elevation of pad three on the shooting line We have insufficient information from the photographs to determine actual elevation.. I would assume the elevations are proper. There is an allowance for a slight pitch of the roof from front to back.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Some of us have really good eyes, or at least they think they do. Does anyone seriously think for a moment that the tops of the house wouldn't be at the proper level ? And with 5 of them going in that wasn't taken into consideration ?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was going by the height of the blocks forming the entrance to the bunker which are below the level of the roof. Perhaps the final
configuration will correct that by a tray in front or some other means. Also the adjoining fields seem to be at the same elevation as the grading on this field. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck and thank you for your efforts in promoting the sport.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The shooting stations are not even in yet, have a look after they pour the concrete and finish the final grade.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Total, 5. Probably the biggest in the country.
As mentioned already, We have 5 bunkers going in at West Palm Beach as well. Hopefully by this Winter we'll be up and running on all levels. Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clay's. As well as International Skeet and Trap as well as the 5 stand too. I'm soo looking forward to it.

I also have a shooting buddy that is working on the Promatic Traps and the wiring system at the Cardinal right now. He has told me they have to have the machines up and running by 7/7. I know he has been slowed down with all the other workers though? I don't think the concrete work was done on time? I'm sure this club will be wonderful as well in a few weeks. I hope someone can post some Pictures of it when its finished. The covid and lack of any clay targets is keeping me from the WPB club at this time. Or I would be happy to post some pix's of our club later on if anyone wants to see it. I started a thread about it, but interest was lacking. break em all Jeff

1 - 20 of 50 Posts