Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard Cardinal Center has added some buildings this year, will they be open for the Buckeye Classic? What type of new facilities were added to the grounds ?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Anyone got any pictures to show how the buildings are going at the facility. I have to admit that I really enjoy seeing the expansion of the facility. Big Don is in Florida and we can talk about such things without being harrassed by him about Sparta. It's too bad that there isn't a website to see any progress there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here are a couple of links that have information on the new things at Cardinal.

http://www.ohiotrap.com/

Scroll down to see the new buildings.

http://cardinalcentercamp.com/pdf/camplayout.pdf
This shows the layout of the facility

Good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Setterman. Looks like Mr. Fishburn needs a BIG round of applause from all us trapshooters. That facility is amazing, maybe someday we'll see The Grand back in Ohio.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder why the Ohio State Trapshooting board pulled this years Norhteast Zone shoot from Cardinal Center ???

·
Registered
397 Posts
The zone shoots for Ohio rotate if clubs apply. Up to this point Cardinal was the only club in the NE Zone to apply. This year 2 smaller clubs applied so we are trying a telephonic NE zone shoot with Knox Gun Club and Monroe Sportsmans Club.
Sara Dean
NE Zone Diretor

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The Grand will not be back in Ohio in my lifetime. It is a non issue.

I like the Cardinal Center and intend to shoot every major event there. They do not "need" the Grand. If they wish to, they could add more events and people will attend.

Don Verna

·
Registered
703 Posts
dverna, you are correct. Glenn Allison
pullinclay, we are going back in February hopefully to shoot the sporting clay course. If anything has changed we will take more pictures. Glenn

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with Don Verna. Personally, I went to the first Grand in IL to see the facilities. I felt like I was at a shopping mall with a trap line. Just did not float my boat I guess. The Cardinal Center is first class and does not need the Grand. I would like to see some smaller Sat/Sun type shoots.
Nubs Wagner

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whats all that white stuff on the ground? We don't have any of that on our trap fields here in the south. Yesterday it was 65 and raining. Bill P.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dr. Longshot--
A telephonic zone shoot is where people will be shooting at two different clubs for the same prize--a place on the NE Ohio Zone team or trophies for the Handicap event. At the conclusion (each day) of shooting at both clubs Roger Edgington and I will phone each other with the results from each club and we will conduct any necessary shoot-offs via our cell phones in order to determine the event winners.

Sara Dean
OSTA NE Zone Director

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.