Trapshooters Forum banner

Canterbury replacement Speakers

5838 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  ric3677
I know this has been gone over before but since we lost all the past data in the crash, I have to resort to asking again.

We have the metal ones that come with the original wired Canterbury's. With time they have gotten beat up and some are not working properly.

Can anyone tell me where to turn? We have tested all of ours and DB rates are located together which results in better working voice calls. Are the replacement speakers going to work with ours and vice-versa.

I hope this all makes sense to someone.

thanks in advance.......Rickyd
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
I'd like to second Pat's comment on Hank Fratz's post. The most through post on this topic to date.

I'd also like to add that Brian Pierce recommended to me to use a 0 to 200 ohm potentiometer for testing purposes to match the speakers sensitivity and then of course to match it as close as possible with a fixed value resistor. Every club usually has at least one shooter who has enough electronics background to handle this.

· Registered
62 Posts
It's my understanding that a specific DB reading is not so important as having similar sensitivity within a group, say all speakers +/- 1 DB. Looking for a specific value would necesitate using similar signals at similar levels and performing the tests the same. If I recall, Bryan Pierce's tone injector is a typical telephone industry warble model. The tone generator is connected to the speaker leads and the DB meter held close to the speakers to minimize receiving reflexions from the surroundings (each test of each speaker should use the same distance of the meter from the speaker). After recording the readings of all speakers without a resistor, resistors can be added to the group to lower all readings so they are similar.

If I'm incorrect with any of this, please correct me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.