Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my Citori back together. I shot two weeks ago, cleaned it and put it away. Tonight I tried to put it together and it won't go. I can get the pivot to mate ok. But as I bring it up to latch it, the long piece in the bottom center (of the stock end) lays on the top of the underside piece (of the barrel assy). It, I think it is supposed to be under it. The latch works as I can see it go back when I push it.

I'm new to this shotgun thing and I can't see what happened or what I did wrong or what I'm missing.

I need help if I'm going to shoot tomorrow.

TIA,
Mike.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a shot of what it looks like trying to put it together. It looks like that beveled part should be retracted for it to close.

image.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't help. Move it to the side and the lateral latch moves rearward out of the way. The center piece doesn't move and impinges on the bottom as shown in the picture. Are they supposed to be connected?

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
pull the trigger twice to release the firing pins and then try it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like the trigger has been pulled while gun was apart(firing pin is out). I think you need to cock the gun with the barrel off by pushing the cocking rod in(long bar at the bottom of the receiver). You will need to use something to push it toward the back of the stock.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Looks like the trigger has been pulled while gun was apart(firing pin is out). I think you need to cock the gun with the barrel off by pushing the cocking rod in(long bar at the bottom of the receiver). You will need to use something to push it toward the back of the stock.
+1

·
Registered
180 Posts
The cocking lever on the barrel is stuck back slide it forward to the muzzle, it must have some grit or a burr on it. Once you slide it forward put the barrel on the receiver then it will go on. The new 725 has a little wire spring that operates the peace and it does not have much spring pressure so the lever will stick back some times. If you need anymore info give me a call

Phillip Crenwelge 210-313-5988

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you holding the top lever all the way open when you rotate the barrels to the closed position?
Yes

It wouldn't go together so I pulled the trigger twice. It still won't go together.

I will try pushing the cocking rod.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That baby ain't moving. I'll bring it to the range tomorrow. There are some that have the exact gun and I will be able to see how it goes together exactly and see the exact position of all the parts. Previously, I would just put it together and never took notice of how it actually worked. It always went together without a hitch. It's almost two months old with about 35 rounds of trap on it.

Thanks for the help. You guys are the best.

This problem is a good excuse to buy another shotgun. Gotta have a backup, right?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Do as Phil told you to do...push the small bar on the bottom of the barrel forward towards the muzzle. That little square piece is suppose to be spring loaded forward. If it gets a little dirty, it may stick in the rear. Squirt a little oil on it.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I think there was a recent post for this same thing. About a month, or two ago.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
You can see from your picture where that piece should fit into the slot on the bottom of the receiver, after being moved forward, when you hinge the barrel to the receiver. Then when you put the forend on, that part protruding from the iron fits into the same slot, pushing it back against the cocking lever.

This is what is should look like before hooking to the hinge.
Citori lock 001.jpg

This is after installing the forend.
Citori lock 002.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The cocking lever on the barrel is stuck back slide it forward to the muzzle, it must have some grit or a burr on it. Once you slide it forward put the barrel on the receiver then it will go on. The new 725 has a little wire spring that operates the peace and it does not have much spring pressure so the lever will stick back some times. If you need anymore info give me a call

Phillip Crenwelge 210-313-5988
Do as Phil told you to do...push the small bar on the bottom of the barrel forward towards the muzzle. That little square piece is suppose to be spring loaded forward. If it gets a little dirty, it may stick in the rear. Squirt a little oil on it.
Listen to Mr. Crenwelge .. A master gunsmith.
Exactly correct, Phil! I was pushing on the wrong part. ;-( I am a little smarter this morning and re read the entire thread. I pushed a little on the correct part as you said Phil. And it moved, so I oiled it. Works fine now. Thanks to all who responded.

Now, off to the range to get 25!

Thanks again,
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts