Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will happen to all the State shoot Trophies that have been ordered with the 2020 date on them if the shoot can’t be rescheduled? I know we have at least 17000 in Trophies and added money for ours and another 13000 for the other 2 shoots our Association puts on.
Doug

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Doug
I would hope the club would use them next year.
I know they are dated but so what.
Perhaps a note or trinket attached to explain.

It would be unreasonable for anyone to expect the association to take such a loss.

Its All Good

West

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What will happen to all the State shoot Trophies that have been ordered with the 2020 date on them if the shoot can’t be rescheduled? I know we have at least 17000 in Trophies and added money for ours and another 13000 for the other 2 shoots our Association puts on.
Doug
If they have plates on them you can change the plates out. If engraved maybe can change from 2020 to 2020-21? Not think winners will give a squat about the date anyway. Gud luk on whatever you decide.

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
Shawn Musselman is chair of the trophy committee for Wyoming. I might add he had done a helluva job on this year's trophy's but, after the virus hit and before he ordered he did this:
Called the rest of the committee and asked us what we thought about $50 bills in "foo foo" bill holder (that would serve like a trophy tag) that his bank makes. And if someone didn't want the $$ they could order the comparable trophy they wanted out of "our" catalog. We voted unanimously to do this and that way we are prepared either way.

I think under the circumstances it was as good an idea as possible.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
The 2020 dated trophy will become collectors items of immense value.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Maybe some States will do a short version of the State shot in July ?!? . Most trophy's can be reused by changing the date on them ,or with some Shamrock leather a different patch on it . I believe that some Gun Clubs have Throphy's "floating " around they could not give away because nobody shot in a certain class or yardage.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Shawn Musselman is chair of the trophy committee for Wyoming. I might add he had done a helluva job on this year's trophy's but, after the virus hit and before he ordered he did this:
Called the rest of the committee and asked us what we thought about $50 bills in "foo foo" bill holder (that would serve like a trophy tag) that his bank makes. And if someone didn't want the $$ they could order the comparable trophy they wanted out of "our" catalog. We voted unanimously to do this and that way we are prepared either way.

For the Illinois state shoot we ordered card wallets from shamrock leather with ISTA on them but no date for quite a few trophies the first two days. We're planning on putting a gift card of varying values per event. In hindsight now perhaps we should have tried them for more events.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

That should be done all the time, let the shooter decide cash or trophy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts