Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have a very good black friend that would take anything I shot but he passed---I can't find anyone who wants them----I hate to let them waste---
Must be a way to make them good eating----I tried the board Calvin----George

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I had some one time that was actually good..the breasts were chunked up and soaked in a mix 70% OJ and 20% soy sauce and 10% Teriyaki and tablespoon of minced garlic..let soak overnight and then simmer on low with sliced red/green/yellow/orange bell pepper yellow onion and shitake mushrooms and water chestnuts.simmer until sauce is consistency of maple syrup..then add a jigger of cooking sherry OR Saki to thin...serve over rice..you can spice with a pinch of ground ginger and hot pepper flakes if you like stuff hot

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Filet out the breasts and marinate in mccormicks meat marinade, using directions on the package. pierce breasts to allow the marinade to penetrate. Do not leave them in too long.

Slice the breasts an inch thick or so and cook on your grill like a good steak..medium to medium rare. Do not over cook.

you will be surprised how good this is! My wifes favorite meal.

Save the rest of the goose for soup meat.

Bill

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was gonna suggest grinding it up with some pork butt and making sausage... Then I saw Calvin's recipe. I may never make goose sausage again. Thanks Calvin!!

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Try this
Take goose breasts and slice in 1" cubes
5 carrots sliced
1 large onion diced
4-5 celery stalks diced
3 medium potatoes peeled and diced
1 15oz. can tomatoes pour whole can in
1/4 cup minute tapioca pudding
1 beef bouillon cube
1 teaspoon instant coffee
salt and pepper to taste
pinch thyme and pinch of oregano
put all together in baking dish and cook for 7 hours at 250 or 5 hours at 300

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
We always skinned our waterfowl.The skin on makes any waterfowl taste bad in my opinion. I know you can doctor it up with all kinds of stuff, but you could do the same thing with a blanket.

Once we cooked a goose in an oven bag with herbs and onions. Delicious. Pan stewed with onions and mushrooms, making gravy at the end was good too. Cast iron pan helped a lot.

HM

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
If you have a meat slicer cut the breast in about 1/4 slices, and marinade in milk for a day or two, then saute in butter and season to taste

That is how my nephew did some and they were pretty good, but we had also been drinking quite a bit of beer before we ate them so that tends to blow that recipe all to he&* LOL

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
We always filleted the breast from the bone after skinning to expose the meat.

Cut the fillets into 1" to 1-1/2" cubes.

Wrap cubes in good "slab-sliced" bacon, not the paper thin crap that comes in a cardboard box like Oscar Mayer or other brands. Get good thick sliced bacon.

After wrapping the chunks in the bacon use bamboo or steel skewers and skewer the chunks with or without chunked peppers, onions or whayever veggies you like.

Immerse the skewers in a good Italian dressing for at least a couple of hours or even overnight.

Grill on a medium hot to hot grill until bacon is done and starting to burn, marinating with the Italian dressing occasionaly while cooking.
Cooking till the bacon starts to get a little burned will have the goose meat right at medium rare which is perfect. You don't want to overcook any wild meat as it will be tough and dry.

Serve with some wild rice and enjoy! I've had people that don't eat wild game even enjoy this way of cooking wild meats.

This works with ducks, deer meat, wild turkey and even beef and pork.

I think even your boot soles would be edible cooked with bacon and Italian dressing.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Breast the bird, marinate in Italian dressing overnight,cook on the BBQ...MMMMM..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try putting goose breasts in the crockpot with sauerkraut. Season to taste. Cook until meat is tender and falls apart. Shred meat apart and cool. Eat the next day cold. Taste like roast beef. I did not like this recipe hot, but try it cold.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fillet (butterfly) the breast
DON'T overcook them. Medium rare or they'll be like chewing a car tire.

Soak in a mixture of salt water and red wine vinegar for 2 days and drain
Marinate for 3 days in
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
A taste of garlic
½ teaspoon of meat tenderizer
Cooking
Stuff with jalapeno rings
Optional – add crème cheese filling
Wrap with bacon
Cook on gas grill on medium for 7 minutes per side