Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been to the trap range in over two seasons so I've decided to move this safe queen to a better home!

It's a Perazzi MX-8 (Type III), 12 gauge, O/U, 30" bbls full/modified fixed chokes with a stepped ventilated rib. It's an earlier Perazzi that was imported by Ithaca. I'd rate it overall as very good, it has 92%+ blueing and 85% wood, it has seen a fair amount of use but has been professionally overhauled at least twice since new.

The gun sports a monte carlo trap stock that was later modified with an adjustable comb and it also includes a second monte carlo butt stock that has not been modified. Both are 14.5" length of pull. Both have their original Perazzi butt pads.

This deal also includes a Perazzi repair/spares kit featuring 4 spare flat springs, 2 spare firing pins and two wrenches for the springs. Also included is a Krieghoff stock wrench and a hard Beretta take-down case (10" x 31"). This gun was totally overhauled by Giacomo Arrighini in Upper New York in 2006, it has fired 2,200 rounds since then (ALL 2 3/4" target loads!!!). Giacomo replaced the springs, tang lever, firing pins, tightened the bbls to the forearm, rebuilt the locking lugs, nickel-plated the block where your hand sweat ends-up eating away at regular blueing and gave it a general once-over and cleaning. This MX-8 has the drop-down trigger with selectable order of fire switch for the bbls.

The bottom bbl was ported by the previous owner. The stock is showing a bit of its age, it's a mid-70s model that has a glossy finish so there are a few dings in the finish only (no dents), the top left of the forearm nearest the block had a crack that was professionally repaired, it looks fine. The spare butt has a minor chip in the toe (1/8" x 3/8").

See pics at: http://dirtytwo.shutterfly.com/pictures/31

Shipped and insured from Ottawa to your door for $3,500. I'll entertain REASONABLE offers (lowballers ignored). No trades please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.