Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

·
Registered
31,794 Posts
Contact me if anyone needs a good home for your trap guns. I’ll adopt as many as space allows. Going to put Canadian shooters at a real disadvantage competing with 16 and 20 ga at ATA shoots when USA will be using 12 ga. Will you guys be able to compete in international bunker shoots, including the Olympics?

Reactions: pbansen

·
Registered
31,794 Posts
I think it already did.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is there a legal process in Canada to appeal the order, or challenge portions of it, or is this truly a done deal?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Are there any "real" chances someone could file and win an objection?

Also, is there a possibility that someone could engineer a FIX? My naive approach would be a permanent Super Glue or a weld, but that's coming from someone who knows nothing about law or making trap guns.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Are there any "real" chances someone could file and win an objection?

Also, is there a possibility that someone could engineer a FIX? My naive approach would be a permanent Super Glue or a weld, but that's coming from someone who knows nothing about law or making trap guns.
The fix is that you don't 'modify' your shotgun by removing the choke tube.

This is grandstanding and manufactured hysteria by the attorney, IMHO - the only way to make the bore exceed 20mm is by removing the choke tube and that makes the weapon unfit to be fired, regardless of the attorney's opinion that doing so won't damage the barrel. We all know better.

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
I spoke with a family from Canada at the Grand. They had a very low opinion of the PM. I always thought he was pitiful, he has confirmed my viewpoint. How unfortunate to have a Supreme Leader, omniscient and omnipotent.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shotguns / Canada

A review of the prohibition list by the CSAAA, led by law firm Edward Burlew, suggested it could include 10-gauge and 12-gauge shotguns equipped with removable chokes, based on new regulations that ban any gun bore that is 20mm or wider. Removable chokes are accessories added to the end of the barrel that widen or narrow a shotgun’s spread.

A spokesperson for Blair said those guns would not be banned under the new regulations.

‘Incoherent’ Liberal firearm ban excludes several semi-automatics, potentially outlaws big-game hunting rifles

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
This looks like a re-run of what the Liberal Party under Pierre Trudeau tried to introduce in the late 1970s.

Firearms regulation in Canada - Wikipedia

I remember going to a number of public meetings in Toronto along with friends in the police. In fact, I was asked to go by them because the majority of the police I had dealings with at that time were shooting and/or hunting people and were against what the government put on the table. I wonder if that's still their position...........I don't know? Some of the meetings got very emotional and I can remember one clown, who was obviously anti-gun, shouting out saying he'd rather be stabbed than shot! No kidding. Jesus, there were some seriously deranged people there supporting the government........shaking my head.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts