Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to shoot sporing clays and want to know if you can have a 50/50 pattern using an xtrap barrel. I have an adjustable comb, but I think the barrel is designed to shoot high? thanks

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
If there are no adjustments on the barrel rib. Just drop the comb all the way down. Check the pattern percentage and learn to shoot it.
I personally like 60/40 on my Sporting Clays gun and Trap guns since I shoot both sports regularly.

Jason

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Lower the comb ALL the way down and pattern it.....I would think you would want a
LITTLE MORE than 50/50........60/40 or at least 55/45.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I've found 53/48 to be the best for trap and sporting for me. Its the little extra that you put into every shot that really makes the clays smoke.

Can't remember what distance that was from....maybe 5 yards....or 50 yards...hard to read the hand writing.

·
Registered
772 Posts
To answer jgb's question: yes, my Beretta 682X Trap O/U does shoot 50/50 with the adjustable comb down. -Ed

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 682 trap combo and i have used the 30 inch o/u barrel for sporting clays. I have monte carlo trap stock. I just lowered the comb all the way and it patterened about 45/55 with step rib barrel. Shot as good as my citori cxs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am not sure I will shoot flat but just wanted to see if it is possible before I buy the xtrap barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts