·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
“Can Women Outshoot Men?” GUNS Magazine, July 1955
Can Women Outshoot Men? - GUNS Magazine

Sure
Ladies Afield and at the Traps

At the 1909 GAH, High Professional Average for 16-Yard Single Targets won by Mrs. Ad. Topperwein 79x80. 10 doubles were included but not shot for score; “Plinky” tied Fred Gilbert and William Heer with 96.

Miss Belisa Gleaves. 1st woman Amateur State Champion

I'm reluctant to name any recent/current ladies as I will no doubt miss one; but obviously Dr. Susan Nattrass, Lou Ann Munson & Nora Ross are on the list.

Reactions: GoldGuy

·
Registered
858 Posts
A little lady down the road from me has done it a lot --Cathy Wehinger -- in 2001 beat all men for high ATA average of .9953 including a 1001 bird run --and has handed out many 100 straight pins -{the pins reads -- 100 straight and got beat by a girl } -- Been looking for one of those pins for my collection, doesn't seem to many where kept as keep sakes?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I'll be honest. Most every girl/woman on the line ive shot with, have out shot me. From what i have seen, women tend to listen better to the pointers given to them where as me and some other guys tend to let it in one ear out the other. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
696 Posts
You bet they can, I have seen women out shoot all the guys on occasion, have seen them as handicap champions, singles champions and doubles champions :09:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Since you guys say they can and do, why is there a lady 1 or lady 2 category?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I will say this; they are much easier to teach. They actually listen, and apply what they heard. Usually where I've seen girls and younger women struggle is with self-confidence. When that kicks in, they are unstoppable. The boys have tons of self-confidence (more than ability, often) and ego to match it. When they are willing to set the ego aside, they will learn, too.
I have been out shot by female Hall of Famers, and by 15 year old girls I taught how to shoot. Neither damages my frail male ego, and the second example actually makes me happy to see.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts