Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured that much, but would like to know the brand. I “inherited” 10 boxes of questionable reloads & am disassembling them to salvage the components. The hulls get cut open & thrown away in the process.

Just curious, really...

Reactions: timberfaller

· Premium Member
13,763 Posts
A stupid question, can or how does one salvage the primer?
Simply place the hull in the depriming station and push it out. Slow and steady pressure is the ticket. I've done it many, many times with both shotgun and metallic primers.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
A stupid question, can or how does one salvage the primer?
Start with your fired primer tray empty, push them out as if they were fired primers. Don’t yank the handle, you’ll be fine.

· Registered
14,860 Posts
AS Bruce says, "just choot-em" They may be considered "euro trash" by some, but of all the ones I've reloaded and shot, can't tell any difference between them and the STS and AA hulls. They go Bang!

They look like who ever reloaded them did a nice job. Looks like they have figure 8's for wads.

· Banned
38 Posts
AS Bruce says, "just choot-em" They may be considered "euro trash" by some, but of all the ones I've reloaded and shot, can't tell any difference between them and the STS and AA hulls. They go Bang!

They look like who ever reloaded them did a nice job. Looks like they have figure 8's for wads.
real or fake brass?

· Registered
7,253 Posts
I had gotten several flats of these clear plastic Fiocchi shells. They were 24 gram payload (close to 7/8ths oz.) They were a good shell, and I always got a kick out of seeing the insides.

I am nervous about shooting unknown reloads, I would open them up with a small screwdriver, but maybe use the primed hulls with my powder. Leave the hulls lay afterwords if you don't want them.

· Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m afraid the hulls are going to get pitched. Using the Unloader, they basically get cut in half. Too bad to waste them, but I have plenty of hulls & prying the tops open will take me a good bit longer. But I may try it just to see :unsure: None of the crimps are very good, so that might work.

Have only cut open 25 of 250 so far. Good off & on project for a cold, rainy weekend here in Pittsburgh.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.