Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I bought one of those German Sig/Sauer P6 (same thing as the P 225) police trade in pistols. I was wanting to load it with some 9x19mm +P ammo. for self defense but I don't want to damage the firearm. Do you know if it is safe to fire +P in a P6/P225?? Thanks..Randy

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
From what I found on the net the P6 can handle +P. Do a search for the S/S P6 just to confirm it for yourself.

Eric

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I would call Sig. Here is their contact info:

SIG SAUER Customer Service Department:

Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)

Please be advised that our customer service phones have peak call times and you may wait several minutes for a representative if calling at these times. Our peak call times are, Monday 10am - 4pm, Tuesday through Friday 11am - 2pm.

Fax: (603) 772-4795

Email:

For General Information: [email protected]

For Technical Support: [email protected]

Hours:
Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 6:00pm EST.

US Mail:
SIG SAUER Inc.
Customer Service Dept.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, NH 03833-4557

·
Registered
313 Posts
Posted this on the Sig Forum for you.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3941009651

By the way, I have three or four extra Sig mags for the P6 if you are interested. At times they can be hard to find.

Art G.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I will check the sig forum and call sig. Thanks for the offer for the mags. I'll check to see how many I bought.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Most defensive ammo is +P rated. Your Sig will easily handle such ammo. Even occasionally shooting +P+ ammo will not damage the gun, but will accelerate wear and tear.

At today's prices, I can't see anyone who is paying for their own ammo shooting a lot of the real hot stuff. ($$$$$)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shooting Coach for the comment. You are right about the price of self defense ammo. I plan on shooting a few rounds just to make sure it will cycle properly but can't afford to be shooting boes of the stuff. Regards,...Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.