Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few thousand New Federal 209A primers I'm not going to use.

Are there restrictions about selling them online?

Larry J. Frieders
Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
I don't think so. Just have to insure hazmat if shipping. Don't take my word for it.

Brady

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Not unless you ship them as Hazmat, and pay the $27.50 fee per package.

And you can't ship hazmat unless you have a DOT Hazmat certification(cheapest way to get that is about $500 to do an online course).

So the short answer is, NO.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If you are in the U.S., the best way to sell primers is go to the local club, hang a for sale sign on the bulletin board and wait the phone to ring off the wall.

and it will.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Larry,

If your coming down to the Dixie Grand and you have a fair price on them.. bring them down with you. I'm interested..

Jerry B

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The answer to your question;

No! There are no restrictions selling them on line.

As stated above, shipping is a different story.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Larry, you can probably sell them to any member of Rockford or Northbrook gun club. They would be close to you, or maybe sell them to one of your shooting buddies.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Larry,

As mentioned, being certified to ship haz mat is a pain. Fedex is the best avenue, but is around $100 to take the online course and is a few hours of time, plus setting up to print labels. UPS is around $1500 or so and you have to show up somewhere to take the course. Bottomline, shipping haz is a pain. Your best bet is to sell them at a local club.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Larry:

A few months ago, I sold my Spolar and all reloading supplies. Put a paper up on the St Charles bulletin board during League and in a week had sold everything, including primers.. No hazmat fees.

If you wait 'til Spring League, put a copy of the notice on each table the first night of the League. You'll sell them all fast.

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just bought 1K locally in NJ. 38.95 plus tax. Just so you have some idea of going price. Online I could not find them at several suppliers and they would have charged hazmat but no tax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts