Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a twisted limb on a recurve bow be straightened? Is there a process out there that is similar to what used to be done for the older wooden tennis rackets where they would be steamed and then put into a fixture to straighten them out until they dried?
Is there a company out there that can do this?

·
Registered
32,283 Posts
Can a twisted limb on a recurve bow be straightened? Is there a process out there that is similar to what used to be done for the older wooden tennis rackets where they would be steamed and then put into a fixture to straighten them out until they dried?
Is there a company out there that can do this?
They can be, although I forgot the best way to do it. Maybe this will help

Lot of discussion sties on the subject and a couple YouTube videos.

Reactions: yukon_870

·
Registered
32,283 Posts
Never precisely true.
I have a Bear Grizzly that I bought new in 1964. the lower limb twisted, but I never could tell the twist effected it’s performance and I was afraid to mess with it fearing I might break it or have it delaminate on me. Not sure I can even draw it now, it is 65# at my draw of 31”. It’s a B getting old.

Reactions: yukon_870

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have resolved the twist on a few bows by twisting them in the other direction. I do this unstrung. I had a terrible incident trying to do this to a custom bow while strung, and the string and bow flipped on me, sprung from my hands and suffered a few scars upon landing.Ugly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts