my underwear. :)
Steve
Didn’t help though did it. HeH.

Reactions: Firewater

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason for asking is that I can't find it in the rule book.
I was shooting at the Silver Dollar and had gun trouble.
The scorer told me that I had 3 minutes to fix it or else he would start back without me.
Can't find that in the rules either.
Henry

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
The scorer told me that I had 3 minutes to fix it or else he would start back without me.
Henry
3 minutes is or has been a common time allotment to leave the line to replace a malfunctioning gun, ammo or a need to acquire something not on your person.

To my knowledge it has never been a rule and stated as such in the rule book. It's more of an incentive time allotment to get gone and get back with no monkey business.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I left the line during Arkansas state singles championship event once, I knew their state delegate who was on squad with me- told him I had a gun malfunction issue and to delay until I returned. I walked 50yards to car ,replaced handicap choke tube with 16yard tube, in roughly 5 minute delay went from chips and chunks to balls of smoke.
‘he asked mutual friend what o was up to, dude told him that I bent barrel around some random ball hitch on some unknowing persons truck hitch. KittyKat never asked me until event was over and I ran last 150in straight up smoke what I had done. Told h(m I got tired of chips, realised had .030 choke installed and had ran and changed to .016. Gotta love those old sts extra lite #8 even though I can’t find/afford them now

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I have always heard that its 5 minutes, to fix an issue. At the Spring Satelite Grand where time to get the shooting done has been an issue. If the five minutes wasn't a good number they would let you know it. When someone needed to make a repair, the squads I have been on or following haven't worried about restarting minus the shooter with a problem until the score keeper says, "hey guys its about 10 minutes lets go!" The shooter can rejoin on the next trap and finish the not shot at targets on the practice traps with a club signed score keeper at that point.

Most clubs will give the customer, shooter a chance to say, " Boy they took care of me!" I don't know that I would even talk good things or even nice things about a club that didn't.

Al

Reactions: Ram Rod

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Henry
With respect then, I believe your question is not about changing guns then, it's "How long can shooter impose a delay in a shootoff...for whatever reason".
That is up to shoot management and you'll find it varies from place to place, depending upon a lot of factors.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With respect then, I believe your question is not about changing guns then, it's "How long can shooter impose a delay in a shootoff...for whatever reason".
That is up to shoot management and you'll find it varies from place to place, depending upon a lot of factors.
You are correct about my thread title.
I wanted to have this discussion about shoot off rules.
Could you explain how the rules are different from place to place.
Thanks Henry

·
Registered
23,478 Posts
You are correct about my thread title.
I wanted to have this discussion about shoot off rules.
Could you explain how the rules are different from place to place.
Thanks Henry
The “rules” are the same everywhere. The “customs” might be different. It is all up to shoot management.

Reactions: Ram Rod
1 - 20 of 30 Posts