Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a camping space available with electric and sewer that I'm not using for the Buckeye and Cardinal Classics. Email me for more info. Art

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
10 miles north or south on the freeway are plenty of food and hotel places. Columbus is 20 miles to the 270/71 exit you can check a map. 2 exits is Polaris center shopping center mall with anything you ever would like to eat. In the town of Marango there is a Chinese/Mexican restaurant/bar and an ice cream place but that is about all that that town has and it is about 5 miles away. They have good food at the shooting grounds along with a pool and play ground for the kids. There is a BBQ cookout on Friday of the state shoot for about 3 to 5 dollars -not sure check the program at www.ohiotrap.com

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cannot add any more motel / food info. than has already been provided.

All I can say is "GO"...........

Trust me -- you will not be disapppointed. This is one PREMIER facility !

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Just don't expect to hang out in the clubhouse to eat and visit with your friends, no room, no tables.....kids can fish, adults cannot....every year we have gone, we have set up the camper in the rain and put up with the mud in the campground.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Karla: I would consider deleting your post if I made my living off of trapshooters...you just shot an arrow into the heart of the trapshooting world-not a good play from the marketing side of your business. Your post rings of the old "Sparta vs. Cardinal" debate and no one on this thread was going there.

FYI, in addition to the 12 new trapsfields and laundromat, Cardinal is in the process of building another new buidling just for hanging with your friends and eating-tables and all! It will be located just west of the current pavilion. Terry

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Don S,

Not unless you are the one who makes a living teaching and trapshooting, then a little common sense should be applied ... I'd bet no fault is found when the checks roll in rain or no rain ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
First of all, I don't make my living off trapshooting. I make a life around trapshoots, but don't depend on it to eat, etc. Second, I didn't say anything that wasn't absolutely true...someone must agree with me since they are building a clubhouse. Sorry if I bruised anyone's feelings, I enjoy all the gun clubs we go to, because if I didn't, we wouldn't go back. No one told me only good things could be said about the Cardinal Center, guess being honest isn't for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Karla You are wrong about adults fishing in the pond I have fished there for the last 3 years and so have other adults. As far as the rain we havent figured it out yet how to control it yet.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
We struggle with rain in Linn Creek too, so if you figure out how to control it, let us know. The mud I got tired of came from a waterline that hadn't been buried yet, it leaked and never dried up. I talked to the camping office and nothing happened that year, it will probably be fixed by now. Glad to hear they have changed the fishing rules, last time I asked(year before last) about fishing I was told it was only for the kids. Will the new clubhouse be ready for the state shoot? Hope so....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.