Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in one place and saw they had a box (yes BOX not bag) pf WinAA 12 GA wads for sale. The price was "ONLY" $19.99 + tax. That was for 250 wads. I was so happy to see that price that I started dancing but I danced right out of the store and never did get around to buying the one and only box they had. Gee I really feel (not) bad about missing that great "deal".

I really do hope that this was just a error in marking since the place is usually pretty good about the prices and availability of the hardware which is their real store product. Ammo and components are a very small sideline product.

·
Premium Member
5,851 Posts
Stopped in one place and saw they had a box (yes BOX not bag) pf WinAA 12 GA wads for sale. The price was "ONLY" $19.99 + tax. That was for 250 wads. I was so happy to see that price that I started dancing but I danced right out of the store and never did get around to buying the one and only box they had. Gee I really feel (not) bad about missing that great "deal".

I really do hope that this was just a error in marking since the place is usually pretty good about the prices and availability of the hardware which is their real store product. Ammo and components are a very small sideline product.
Should have asked if they were any cheaper by the case.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I bought 2 boxes, yes boxes, for $20 last year. Not a steal, but I cut the boxes for wad dispensers like I did 30 years ago. I just reuse them.

·
Registered
21,462 Posts
I bought 2 boxes, yes boxes, for $20 last year. Not a steal, but I cut the boxes for wad dispensers like I did 30 years ago. I just reuse them.
I used them as spent primer collectors under my MEC.

Reactions: entropy

·
Registered
743 Posts
Gonna do some 'social drinking' ?
he actually said at his age he cannot drink all he has (he did the Makers Mark ambassadors program and ended up with a number of "private label" bottles), and asked me to help him reduce his inventory.. being the good friend that I am, I am more than happy to oblige..

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Some stores must think customers cannot read, or have never made a purchase before. The Gander Mountain store by me was all excited to put in a reloading section. Everything was about double price that you could get it anywhere else without even price shopping. And the components were just as interesting. For example the had a bubble pack of 50 empty pistol brass, that was priced a dollar more than a 50 box of Remington or Winchester ammo in the same caliber.
That store is closed now.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Some stores must think customers cannot read, or have never made a purchase before. The Gander Mountain store by me was all excited to put in a reloading section. Everything was about double price that you could get it anywhere else without even price shopping. And the components were just as interesting. For example the had a bubble pack of 50 empty pistol brass, that was priced a dollar more than a 50 box of Remington or Winchester ammo in the same caliber.
I have found that to be true with most Gander stores. Prices way higher than the average person is willing to pay. Then they wonder why they fail.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Price seems fair enough to me. Obviously you need to take in the "ageing Process ". Plus inflation over the 40 years it sat on the shelf to get them to be that old.

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Gander was/is such a joke.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

That's nothing!! Take a look at some of the deals available on Claybusters on Amazon!!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=claybust...x=claybuster+wads,aps,614&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_15

1 - 18 of 18 Posts