Trapshooters Forum banner

Called in 2 bobcats on 2 stands in a row, Video and picture!

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Az Al 
#1 ·
[TD valign="top"]

IMG_3209 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Big Al shot the bobcat in the above picture with his shotgun just a few seconds after I took the picture.

It was a great stand the quail you will see in the below video went into the bush about 10 minutes before the bobcat stepped out of the bush.

On the very next stand Tom Austin did a great job of spotting the bobcat he shot. The second bobcat was laying low and blended in very good.

Check out the below link![/URL]

IMG_3289 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/2i1pJ6y
Quote Reply
Report Edit

See less See more
1 2
#9 ·
I will jump in here and say that in Tucson, AZ that is actually IN the city of Tucson, a large number of little lost dogs are because of bobcats.I the suburbs to rural areas with speed limits of 40 mph and up we regularly see road kill bobcats. The people lucky enough to see them and and wildlife experts put the numbers as high as several hundred per section of land and that is in dry desert areas that city folk believe"can't support a mouse!". My suburban chicken coop was vandalized by a bobcat until I got a shot off on a perfect setup.

But because bobcats are a ghost like creature the bleeding hearts that say, ”If there are really that many WE WOULD see them!" So yes even here they want to "PROTECT them!"

Because of changes to our trapping regulations we have been overrun by mountain lions. The Trappers that used to thin out the mountain lions say that even trying hard to target mountain lions they were trapping 20 to 40 bobcats in the traps set to trap lions for every lion.

So having read about the problems that the protected lions have caused in California I can already see the stories about a bobcat rampage in cocofornia.

Al

#4 ·
Bobcats are a renewable resource and they are good eating.

The main motivation we had to take a few bobcats on that hunt was the Governor of California had just announced that bobcats were going to be protected and not legal to hunt starting on January 1st 2020.

There are plenty of bobcats in California. Trapping them or selling their fur was already made illegal a few years ago even thought the amount of bobcats taken each year was way lower than it was from 1960 through 2010.

When politicians or voters can decide to change or make laws pertaining to wildlife instead of the wildlife biologists using scientific facts to manage the wildlife it will not be good for the wildlife.

It is pretty scary to think that a governor or voters could stop fishing or hunting just because they don't like it.

#6 ·
Bob, it’s a shame that such a beautiful state with a lot of great folks are held hostage by a leftist mob that controls the state

The main motivation we had to take a few bobcats on that hunt was the Governor of California had just announced that bobcats were going to be protected and not legal to hunt starting on January 1st 2020.

There are plenty of bobcats in California. Trapping them or selling their fur was already made illegal a few years ago even thought the amount of bobcats taken each year was way lower than it was from 1960 through 2010.

When politicians or voters can decide to change or make laws pertaining to wildlife instead of the wildlife biologists using scientific facts to manage the wildlife it will not be good for the wildlife.

It is pretty scary to think that a governor or voters could stop fishing or hunting just because they don't like it.

#7 ·

Hey. Hunting bobcats is good sport. I have never eaten a bobcat but I have tried mountain lion. Not a taste I am likely to want again. Since I also doin't like Chinese food, I'm pretty sure I haven't tasted any other cat. :)

Reactions: Kickstart173
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.