Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike,
You have posted this question a few times and I have answered it ...Now listen (or read) carefully, The reason the campgrounds were roped off last year was due to the unusally high water due to all the rain we had had during the spring and winter. The Kingsburg powers roped off the areas that would be affected should a tree have fallen..protecting you and all the other campers. NOW this year there has not been enough rain and therefore the river should not be running at extreme levels this year and thusly flooding the ground and make the conditions favorable for a tree to fall. SO unless Mother Nature takes a notion to let it pour for the next 4 months we should be able to have full access to the river and the playground and such. From the tone of your letter and your other posts on this site it seems you are looking for someone to champion a cause against Kingsburg or the state shoot itself.. You will not find more reasonable camping fees anywhere in the state and even some of those campgrounds do not have all the amenities that Kingsburg offers...My suggestion to you is book a room you probably would have a lousy time camping anyway...
Sincerly
Kym Hughes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kym, with an attitude like his the state shoot would be better off without him. Hard to beat the facilities at Kingsburg and the folks who bust their butts every year for us are the best. I can't wait for the end of June. Sean Hawley

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sean.....yep I agree the Kingsburg crew really does a great job and you won't find nicer grounds anywhere..The best part of the state shoot is camping and hanging out with all your friends each year I would rather miss Christmas than the state shoot.... Hope you and your family are doing great there in Utah...See you in the Trophy Room.....Kym

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kym:

Can I camp under the yellow tape @ this year's state event..you know where..under the big oak tree that might have fallen on my trailer last year?

Glasman

·
Registered
678 Posts
The campground will be open this year. There will be no roped off areas around the oak trees. Everyone will have to sign a waiver for our insurance company when they get their camping space this year. See you there.

Vince McNamara

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
Thanks Vince. Cant say I blame them I remember the tree that fell on the two motor homes. Those old oaks must be over three hundred years old. Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.