Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hope the kingsburg gun club refunds at least half the amount us campers paid for camping. Camping this year is like camping out in the middle of the desert. The dust coming from the dry river bed is terrible. The bathroom conditions are filthy. The Kingsburg gun club has turned into a pig pin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well hope the kingsburg gun club refunds at least half the amount us campers paid for camping. Camping this year is like camping out in the middle of the desert. The dust coming from the dry river bed is terrible. The bathroom conditions are filthy. The Kingsburg gun club has turned into a pig pin.
It's funny how people give compliments to your face but insult and trash talk anonymously on the Internet.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. Way to represent the sport. And Cali . Makes me proud . Not!
The Kingsburg gun club has gone down so bad last few years. Hope they really think about lowering camping fees... Campground has become a dump! Last year found hype needles by the swimming area. Nasty place

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
As far as the dust goes, they can't control the wind and you do realize that California is in a drought and the water police are coming out of the woodwork. Bill Hom--northern Ca.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
I've been called worse by a lot better people than you. If you don't like it, WORK to get it moved somewhere that will make you happy. Bill

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
$10 camping fee and they bitch? Gosh damn, I've paid way more just to park my vehicle for an hour. I swear some of these morons would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Me too!.... Oh wait you're talking about the rope... err...never mind
The gun club charges too much to shoot as it is. At least let shooters camp for free. Look how gun club screwed all those young shooters out of the free lunch they were suppose to receive. Unbelievable!!! Who wants to pay to camp in a desert? Gun club should be paying the shooters to camp. Also the club doesn't pay the trap kids enough. They are working out in the heat all day making peanuts! I think it's time for the ATA to start looking at a more classy place to hold the statehoot. The showers are fealty I remember a few years back a camper was complaining about a staff infection he received by showering at the gun club. Then campers are breathing the insecticide dust that lingers in the orchards and blows all or the gun clubs trashy camp ground.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The gun club charges too much to shoot as it is. At least let shooters camp for free. Look how gun club screwed all those young shooters out of the free lunch they were suppose to receive. Unbelievable!!! Who wants to pay to camp in a desert? Gun club should be paying the shooters to camp. Also the club doesn't pay the trap kids enough. They are working out in the heat all day making peanuts! I think it's time for the ATA to start looking at a more classy place to hold the statehoot. The showers are fealty I remember a few years back a camper was complaining about a staff infection he received by showering at the gun club. Then campers are breathing the insecticide dust that lingers in the orchards and blows all or the gun clubs trashy camp ground.
Whiner

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Sounds like a nice place to shoot. Do you have directions on how to get there from the
interstate. HMB

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
What most people do not understand is the club is responsible for maintaining the grounds. Those are club volunteers and not paid employees that cut the weeds, set up the food court, cook the breakfast lunch and dinner, clean the showers and bathrooms, etc. Just so you can come to their club and complain. You should be ashamed of yourself for even starting this thread. If you don't like the conditions, PLEASE feel free to not come back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To respond to this thread I would like to add these statements.
1. Kingsburg gun club is NOT responsible for the dry riverbed.. Get over it!!!

2. The "bathroom" conditions were not caused by Kingsburg Gun Club!!! The VOLUNTEER workers tried their level best to keep up with the demand that was created by the folks who apparently did not realize that trash ( paper towels, water bottles, cups, Gatorade bottles, food wrappers ect) was to be deposited in trash cans instead it was left for the waitstaff to clean up. The showers are NOT filthy!!! They are cleaned regularly!!!

3. The price for targets for the state shoot is less than some clubs charge for regular shoot..
Kingsburg also charges less than most clubs.

4. The cost for camping is cheap!!!! Most campgrounds are three times or more that cost.. For DIRT camping.. Here it is green grass and as for breathing in insecticide dust.. I have been coming here since I was a toddler and remember the days of the crop dusters spraying the trees.. If you feel the need to go home .. Go.
Hopefully your lungs will clear and maybe your brain will unfog.. Give it a try .

I try to be nice on posts here but this really steams me!!
Poison being spewed by someone who hides behind an anonymous name brings out the worst in me!!!!

Kym Hughes
CGSTA Se

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am jealous of you, Stateshoot.

I can count on one hand the number of California State Shoots I have missed in my 36 years on this earth. I cringe every time, and hate not seeing the friends I have made over the years in Kingsburg. I look forward to the last full week of June every year thanks to my father, my grandfather, and all of the KGC members/volunteers who make the event possible for us.

I am jealous of you because you were able to make it, and I am not.

Jeff Holguin
CGSTA HOF

1 - 20 of 96 Posts