Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the news that my uncle Myles Johnson of California passed away this morning, he was 84. He was a former President of the CGSTA, former California Alternate ATA Delegate, and former California ATA Delegate. He shot at over 300,000 registered ATA targets, including 160,350 Handicap targets. He will be sadly missed by his shooting buddies in California as well as his brother-in-law Truman Nelson of South Dakota. I will always cherish the trips he made to Montana to hunt birds and deer as well as his trips to the Montana State Shoot. He is now together once again with his beloved Connie.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Miles was always a warm and friendly man. I remember him well, he lived in Tehachapi,CA as I recall.

I have a picture on my wall from September 1985 when as the ATA delegate he was first in line to congratulate me for breaking the 300 at Redlands, CA.

As I have retired and moved to Arizona since 2003 I haven't seen him in quite a while. He was very well liked by everyone, Rest In Peace Miles, you will be missed by all that knew you.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was shocked to read this. Myles and I were good friends and went back many years. I will post any information I get as too his service if his son plans on one. Dave Bishop
Dave- I met you at the 1978 State Shoot at Livermore. I have a picture Myles took of us with you wearing my black hat. That was a great time - Myles introduced me to lots of great shooters besides yourself - Dan & Dave Banillas, Terry Bilbey, Vince Compalongo, Ron Nelson, Mike & Priscilla Baldwin, Jimmy Poindexter, Art Blatt, the Schmecklys, lots more. All good memories.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My condolences to the family. I met Myles at the Golden West Grand in 1990 and South Dakota state, Spring Grand and Grand American after that first meeting.

I enjoyed visiting with Myles. He always had a kind word.

DC

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
No news yet on Myles service only that he will be buried in South Dakota with his wife Connie.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dang sad to hear!
Met and camped with Myles many times at the California State Shoot. He had a great wit, absolutely loved every aspect of trap shooting along with all the people involved.

One of the founders of the "Knobbie knee" crew.

When anyone complained about their poor shooting he had the answer...You just need a new gun!
RIP Myles!

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts