Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
I hope they give the shooters and business's 5 years time before it goes into effect.

Why? The health and welfare of California residents are at stake here from you guys spraying g lead all over the place. You might cause cancer in pregnant women or cause premature child births or abortions, depriving some of their choice of murdering their unborn. The homeless will have lead pellets in their poop they leave on the sidewalks of SFO. Kinda of selfish and short sided of you gun enthusiasts.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
This bill will all but shut down trap shooting in the state.
Horrible bill but trapshooting is least effected because we could just shoot steel. Other ranges would suffer. Every private range that has local LEO shooters needs to tell those departments that they will be banned from the ranges if the bill passes.

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
Horrible bill but trapshooting is least effected because we could just shoot steel. Other ranges would suffer. Every private range that has local LEO shooters needs to tell those departments that they will be banned from the ranges if the bill passes.
You mean there are no provisions for exemption of the LEO's. Who da thunk it?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What do the police have to do with this bill?

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
People with non-steel shot guns will have to buy a new gun. I don't own a steel shot shotgun. I don't live in California either.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
The LEO agencies have to practice. If lead is BAD, you can't have a cop firing lead next to a guy who can't. Cop unions donate a lot of money to Democrats. They have a lot of pull. In CA county sheriffs are elected and answer to the voters. They can tell the People "Hey, if this bill passes my department either can't practice or the cost of ammo is going to cause us to have to pull patrols off the streets."

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The LEO agencies have to practice. If lead is BAD, you can't have a cop firing lead next to a guy who can't. Cop unions donate a lot of money to Democrats. They have a lot of pull. In CA county sheriffs are elected and answer to the voters. They can tell the People "Hey, if this bill passes my department either can't practice or the cost of ammo is going to cause us to have to pull patrols off the streets."
I didn't see any exemption in the bill for LE.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
J

You must be under the impression that voters in Ca (A) care (B) take the time to educate themselves before voting or (C) can read a ballot in english.

My guess is this bill will be law within 2 years. At that point every dime I spend shooting ie, hotels, food, fuel, hunting licenses and whatever else will be spent in Az.

Darr

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
This is just another example of why it is critical that Republicans retake the House and then gun owners must demand that a New National Firearms Act is passed that totally removes any local control over firearms, ammo and shooting sports.

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
This is just another example of why it is critical that Republicans retake the House and then gun owners must demand that a New National Firearms Act is passed that totally removes any local control over firearms, ammo and shooting sports.
I think the Supreme Court would strike it down.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,133 Posts
Why? The health and welfare of California residents are at stake here from you guys spraying g lead all over the place. You might cause cancer in pregnant women or cause premature child births or abortions, depriving some of their choice of murdering their unborn. The homeless will have lead pellets in their poop they leave on the sidewalks of SFO. Kinda of selfish and short sided of you gun enthusiasts.
You are a Troll.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts