Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting an email I received concerning this bill which if passed would virtually eliminate clay target shooting in California. California shooters please follow the directions and contact your assemblymen and voice your opposition to this bill. Thanks.

Dear CSCA Member,

On February 25th, the CSCA Board became aware of a new bill, AB3071, that we believe will have a detrimental, harmful impact to our sport and so want to make all members aware of this bill. Here is a description of the bill and a link to it for your reference:

AB 3071, sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin Mullin (D-22), prohibits the use of ammunition that has not been certified as lead free at sport shooting ranges and indoor ranges. It also prohibits shooting ranges from selling or giving away ammunition that has not been certified as lead free and requires signage that lead ammunition is prohibited for use at the facilities.

I'm sure many if not all will agree this is not a bill we would like to see passed in our State. If you would like to share your thoughts with your state representatives, you can first identify your representative by going to this website: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/assemblydistricts.html

From there you can write an email to your representatives. We have pre-drafted a letter to make this communication easy. Here is the draft letter:

------------------------------

Dear _____

I am writing you to request that you vote NO on AB 3071. This bill would prove to be challenging for private citizen shooting enthusiasts and law enforcement alike. I am an active shotgun shooter who goes to several outdoor ranges in California to shoot clay targets and I'd like to share my perspective.

It appears that this bill was written by someone who is not familiar with the modern shooting range. The ranges are now configured so the lead shot falls into a zone that the range owner can easily mine. The mining not only recycles the lead but provides additional income for the range owner and thus there is a real economic incentive to recycle as much lead as possible.

Shotgun shooting sports are very popular among high schools students with many schools forming teams that attract boys and girls by the hundreds, but this it is an expensive activity and many parents currently struggle to fund the child’s hobby, forcing them to shoot nontoxic shotgun shells would double the price of their shooting which could force these youngsters, and many clay target enthusiasts like me, to quit the sport we love. Please vote no on AB 3071.

-----------------------------

We hope this communication is helpful and we'd appreciate your support in making sure the California legislature hears from those that know and understand our sport.

Kind regards,

CSCA Board

Copyright © 2020 California Sporting Clays Association, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:

California Sporting Clays Association

2185 Via del Prado

Vista, CA 92084-2839

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

·
Registered
99 Posts
also should be included that we have Olympians and future Olympians training here and any practice with non lead ammo will be detrimental to there success when shooting else where.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Bummer, but not a surprise. I think you are probably dead meat on this one. Cal politicians could give a rats arse for what some one thinks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts