Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Do you think it's wrong? If you put a 150 gr. rifle bullet on the scale, what does it read? Try a .230 gr. 45 cal bullet also. Todays modern premium jacketed bullets are damn near exact weight. Cast bullets vary too much.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Pact makes most of them but you need to figure out who and go to their web site for a manual. Ohaus is a possibilty also. I have two balance beams set up to double check

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Some of the scales are self calibrating. Turn it on with the pan empty and if it reads 0 you are go to go. As said above weigh a couple bullets of known weight to make sure it's operating properly. HMB

·
Registered
664 Posts
Calibration section for the Cabela's XT-1500

I found the instructions below on another forum (for the XT-1500).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Calibration
a) With the scale turned on and without any weight on the pan, press and hold the "TARE" button until 'CAL-0' is showing.
b) Press the "TARE" button again. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will begin flashing.
c) When 'CAL-F' is shown, stack the two 50g weights on the center of the pan and press the "TARE" button. The 'F' in the 'CAL-F' will flash.
d) When 'CAL-0' is shown again, remove the test weights and press the "TARE" button. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will flash.
e) When the calibration is finished, the scale will reset.

NOTE: If an error occurs in calibration, the scale will try to re-do the calibration starting from step (b).

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Easier to read format for setter...

Calibration section for the Cabela's XT-1500

I found the instructions below on another forum (for the XT-1500).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Calibration

a) With the scale turned on and without any weight on the pan, press and hold the "TARE" button until 'CAL-0' is showing.

b) Press the "TARE" button again. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will begin flashing.

c) When 'CAL-F' is shown, stack the two 50g weights on the center of the pan and press the "TARE" button. The 'F' in the 'CAL-F' will flash.

d) When 'CAL-0' is shown again, remove the test weights and press the "TARE" button. The '0' in 'CAL-0' will flash.

e) When the calibration is finished, the scale will reset.

NOTE: If an error occurs in calibration, the scale will try to re-do the calibration starting from step (b).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I knew someone here could help me. My scale kept weighing lighter and lighter. I finally figured out the tray was hanging up over the load cell. A little cleaning and Rem Oil cured it, but by that time I had the calibration screwed up.
Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.