Caesar Guerini | Trap Shooters Forum

Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by big kahuna, Jul 24, 2020.

1. big kahuna

big kahuna Well-Known Member

Seriously, what don't you like about CG guns. Please don't say what you've heard.
    Thanks.

Chance McCall thanked this.
  2. Jet setter

Jet setter Active Member

How quickly the finish on the wood wears off.

big kahuna thanked this.
  3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I don’t have any beefs.

big kahuna thanked this.
  4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The non stop, over the top marketing blitz of a mediocre gun that’s not even as good as a Browning. They are an extremely obnoxious company.

But, people love marketing.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  5. big kahuna

Are there any flaws, mechanical or otherwise you don't like? I don't understand the reasoning with the squared posts in the comb but they work.

6. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

spend some time in the musical instruments business. ALL the manufacturers make CG look like lightweights in the marketing hype dept. Hands down.

7. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I own and shoot alot of trap shotguns and currently own 2 summits. My dad owns a very early production Magnus combo with a ton of rounds thru it. Never any issues. He also owns a new invictus 1 with a stock lock. Zero issues so far. Sure the square comb posts are a pain in the butt. Simply order the square comb washers from rods custom stocks or change out the hardware. The square stuff is no more obnoxious than the tiny post browning hardware or the up side down perazzi hardware that has to be modified if you are going to install a rad or gracoil recoil device. Do your preventive mait. And almost any quality firearm will give you consistent performance.

skattergun, 1903, jk80 and 3 others thanked this.
  8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

People I know that have them, love them, shoot them well. CG makes a very pretty gun like the Invictus III. I like the balance of them, they are not as muzzle heavy as Perazzi. A shooting acquaintance who has an Invictus III paid as much as a standard K80, but the Invictus is much more beautiful than the K80. Nobody I know that has one has not experienced any mechanical problems yet.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    donegal shooter and big kahuna thanked this.
  9. Springer Man

Springer Man Member

We have 2 of them my wife has a Summit and I have a Maxum both have a lot of rounds though them. No problems what so ever. And if the time comes where they need any work we'll send them in for their free pit stop repair program.

10. chukar16

chukar16 Active Member

I’ve owned a Challenger for the past six years and have approximately 100 thousand rounds thru it and not one single hiccup. I do a pit stop if I’m at a larger shoot that they are attending and have never been charged for service. Customer service second to none.

big kahuna, Dukefan, Helix and 1 other person thanked this.
  11. m31m45

m31m45 Active Member

Love both of mine. No problems. I had to call CG a several times with some questions on caring for the finish and every time a gunsmith called back the same day and was very helpful.

Chance McCall, big kahuna and Helix thanked this.
  12. richie h

richie h Active Member

Have owned one for 3 years . Bought it pre owned . Sent in for pit stop just in case of what I don;t know . They tuned it up ,replaced some minor parts . No charge. Have never had an issue . Great customer service . What is not to like .

Helix and big kahuna thanked this.
  13. WadHopper

WadHopper What squad am I on?

When I get the urge to buy another gun, I don't screw around. I tend to make things happen unlike other people who hum-hull around whining about not wanting to spend the money. JUST DO IT!

When I approached Guns Unlimited at the Ohio State Shoot in regards the the new 725, they seemed to be okay with knowledge and sharing of information but when I asked for a demo to try, well...I left feeling pretty much disappointed with a taste of "just buy it or move on, I have other things to do.." So that's exactly what I did and headed straight for the Guerini store.

When I approached Cesar Guerini at the Ohio State Shoot, I was greeted with a handshake and "how do you do, let me know how I can help you today!" Now you have my attention. I was also impressed the instant we shook hands in the midst of the Corona scam. Every question I asked was answered with hands-on attention. No frills, no fluff, not one mention of "why we're better than the competition" but what really sold me was when I asked about the differences between the Fabarm Axis Black and Grey. That guy looked me square in the eye and said "Not a damn thing mechanically speaking but if you want bling, you're gonna pay for it. Aside from that, the target doesn't care what your gun looks like!"

SOLD.

14. visible chip

visible chip Well-Known Member

I've handled some of them at Guns Unlimited and they sure seem like nice guns. The only thing that might put me off is they won't sell parts to anyone, so the gun would have to go back for any minor repair unless you were at a big enough shoot that they were in attendance. I understand they have very fast turn around times, but trusting my gun to a shipper would make me nervous.

big kahuna, KS-OKIE and wizard77 thanked this.
  15. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Own an Invictus V. No beefs. Love the trigger.

big kahuna thanked this.
  16. pitandberetta

pitandberetta Member

Own CG Summit Ascent. Great gun, 1000’s of round through it, no issues and it’s beautiful.

Seems like there is a CG flaming focus on them right now.

Buy, shoot and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helix and big kahuna thanked this.
  17. edthearcher

edthearcher Active Member

what drugs does tron use to cause his astarecolosis in case you do not know what that is its when the nerve going to the eye ball gets crossed with the nerve going to the rectum and gives you a shitty out look

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You are a Troll.

jtsharp06, ljutic73, kehrby and 3 others thanked this.
  19. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I really like the way they look and feel . I have friends who shoot them and really like them . I also am a little nervous about buying something that only they can work on . Contrary to what our resident forum self proclaimed expert thinks I don`t beat around the bush when I want to buy a gun . As a matter of fact I could afford to have them stacked like cord wood in my basement but after the new gun euphoria wears off I doubt I would shoot one any better than my current gun . So I guess I`ll just apply the cash to more targets and reloading supplies in mass volumes .....

Dogbest, jk80, Broncofan and 3 others thanked this.
  20. big kahuna

Me too. That's why I insure the heck out of them.

likes-to-shoot thanked this.