Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAESAR GUERINI ??????

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Bob Schultz 
#1 ·
Anyone have information or history on this gun manufactor? Nice looking combo guns, not to mention the price. Just wondering what reputation and reliability backs them up. Jerry

#2 ·
Here's a brief history. Basically they split off from B. Rizzini. This is from a detailed report elsewhere. Below that is more info.

"Battista Rizzini's company has been very successful in recent years. So successful, he recently bought Ferlib, a very small manufacturer of high-quality, hand-crafted, expensive shotguns. Ivano Tanfoglio, former owner of Ferlib, has collaborated with Battista in such projects as Rizzini's round-body game gun.

The Guerini brothers (I don't know their first names) worked for their Uncle Battista Rizzini for some years and were credited (by some people in the industry) with a large share of the success of the company. The scuttlebutt has it that they decided to ask Battista to allow them to invest in the company and eventually own a share of it. Within minutes after broaching the subject, they found themselves out the door and out of a job. Battista himself is nearing retirement age, but he has a couple of children who might take over the company. The scuttlebutt is that he is grooming his daughter Moira to take over.

It was widely reported that the Guerini brothers were both shocked and hurt by Battista's action, because they felt a genuine affection for their uncle. (I know, that sounds like the Guerini side of it - every story has two sides.) But life goes on, and they needed to make a living, so they secured financial backing to go into business for themselves, naming their company Caesar Guerini, after one of their ancestors. They have been quite successful in competing with their uncle. "

Since then Guerini has started making some fine shotguns. Their customer service is probably the best in the industry. If you do a search at Shotgunworld for Guerini, you'll get a feel of how good. Wes Lang at Guerini USA is doing a terrific job at customer service. The Guerini sites on SWorld are new and have only limited info. The real information is in other forums particularly the Rizzini forum.

The negatives. Everyone will point out that it is a new company in an already crowded industry. Resale on the Guerini's is a question-mark right now because not as many people know the brand (yet) and there just aren't many used ones on the market. Parts are not going to be as readily available as other guns.

The positives. High quality guns at their price point. Bluing is deeper, machining is very good. Turkish walnut. etc. If you do need something turnaround time for a repair has been many times reported the day it was received and shipped. The balance of the gun is exceptional. Wes Lang. They have a free pit stop I think it's called where you can send your gun in for upgrades and a lifetime warranty (which as we know is great as long as the company is there to support it).

Cabelas has started carrying at least a few of their guns and that will certainly help the financial needs along the way. Hope this helps.

all the best,
john

#3 ·
I have a 28 and .410 Summit sporting. Excellant guns. Good quality. Their service is exceptional. Time will tell if their 12 gauges hold up for extended periods of time with alot of shooting. Their becoming very popular on Sporting Clays ranges. Great balance and quality for the price.

#4 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was down at the SHOT SHOW 2007 for the unveiling of the Caesar Guerini trapguns and I was impressed with the quality of the gun as well as the functionality of the gun. I met the owner of Caesar guerini and we did chat for a while and he attended the Grand at Vandalia the last year it was there and he talked with alot of All American shooters as well as other trapshooters to find out what they would like to see in a trapgun as well as having an attractive price. The combo's come in 3 models and the barrels on the O/U have adjustable rib as well as the unsingle. Ther price is very affordable and I feel it will impact the trapshooting market.

You can go to their web site(I have posted it above)and see the 3 models available, I know mine will be here within the next 30-45 days as well as my stock for the store.

Best regards,
Sam

#8 ·
Have heard nothing but positive comments from customers who have purchased the guns..When in SoCal, visit us at Triple B Clays, 3 Double B of OC has Demo Guerinis at our range for you to shoot,.... yes, try Before you buy...Hope to have some Trap demos in a month or so...Good Shootin, bruce

G
#10 ·
shot 28ga at skeet ...great little o/u....good trigger ...just a bit barrel heavy ( 30" with extended choke tubes) ...could use a few oz of lead in butt; would buy one except just bought Beretta S-Pigeon II...

#11 ·
Caesar Guerini will begin delivering their first trap combos this April. Its not often I am truly impressed by a gun manufacturer any more. One tends to get a bit pessimistic after 30 odd years dealing with them. Guerini, however, is a true breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant atmosphere. I had a chance to handle one last week and am seriously contemplating switching to one for a doubles gun. (Shooting the Seitz a bit too well now to change singles or 'caps gun at the moment)

Below are some highlights of the guns.

LIFETIME warrantee to the original purchaser! You also get to send the gun in three times during your ownership for a complete tune up at NO CHARGE other than shipping.

O/U adjusts from 60/40 to 90/10, Unsingle adjusts from 60/40 to 110% high!

Simple adjustment for creep, LOP and overtravel in the trigger group.

Factory releases available.

Heavy duty ejectors.

Push button located on end of forend to release forend so you don't get burned by the metal.

.735 backbored barrels with 5" forcing cones.

Long choke tubes with 1" parallel section to optimize patterns. (Similar to the barrel guru's styles)

Overall this is the best trap combo for the money I have seen in a long time. The combo set has a MSRP of $6495.00!!

We will have demos at Missouri and Ohio state shoots. Come and see us.

Thanks,

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

#12 ·
Bob,

Yes they all come with choke tubes. I'm sure part of the reason the price is so reasonable is that its considerably cheaper to make choke tubes than to ream and choke a barrel. Manufacturers have been charging extra for them for years when in fact they are less costly to make!

Guerini's choke tubes are about 4 inches long and have a parallel section at the end (like some of the "famous" barrel guys) and they really throw great patterns.

I'll be back at Silver Dollar for the state shoot and will have a Guerini Trap Combo to demo there on Wednesday and Thursday. Thanks for the questions Bob. See you soon.

Bob Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.