Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a very clean Caesar Guerini summit trap and found that the shell ejection on the unsingle barrel is
very light and inconsistent, sometimes just barely ejecting the shell from the chamber. I removed and cleaned the ejector, spring and plunger, oiled and reassembled but the problem still is still there. I guess its possible that the previous owner cut the spring down to try and make it an extractor but i have no way of knowing. I was going to just order a new spring and try it out but i cant seem to find a parts list for the gun, not even on the Guerini website. Any help with the issue i'm having or where to buy the ejector spring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's my understanding that they do not sale or provide parts. The gun will have to sent to them for any repair/parts change...This might have changed but not that I've heard. Give them a call like Colonel said above.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
It's my understanding that they do not sale or provide parts. The gun will have to sent to them for any repair/parts change...This might have changed but not that I've heard. Give them a call like Colonel said above.
I purchased a new to me trapgun 6 months ago and CG wasn't on my list of possible choices due to this policy. To each their own but I like to be able to work on my own stuff.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Some shooters like to save their empties. To that end the ejection spring is weakened or replaced with a lighter spring.

Look up a shotgun gunsmith and see what they say or have to fix this.

Living near Tucson Trap I can find several smiths that could fix your problem.

Al

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
I overtightened the length of pull screw on the trigger shoe and stripped it,

CG sent me a new trigger shoe free of charge.

I do know they will not send any parts that need fitted.

Besides instead of bad mouthing CG (I won't buy because of this reason) why not call and see if they will. You already spent more time on here than the phone call would have taken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts