Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the chance to shoot both a CG summit sporting and a browning 725 yesterday I liked them both wondering who has what and their experience with them. I shoot trap,sporting clays, and skeet. any input will help thanks

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,767 Posts
I had the chance to shoot both a CG summit sporting and a browning 725 yesterday I liked them both wondering who has what and their experience with them. I shoot trap,sporting clays, and skeet. any input will help thanks
Have had them both (trap), tough call. Currently have the GC Summit Combo and will be ordering a new 725 Adjustable Combo today. One will be a backup...
My previous 725 moved a little faster and filled my hands better. The Summit is soooooo smooth but not a lazy gun either. Both will likely serve you well with the exception of Browning's impeccable barrel regulation reputation whereas I've read of several regulation issues with the Guerini's, all of which were resolved through the factory though. I've owned a lot of guns and there's only two I regret selling...a Ljutic Centennial and my 725.

· Registered
13,498 Posts
Both shotguns will serve you well. Do, buy a 32 inch barrel. The CG Summit will have the better trigger between the two. It will also cost you more.

Now for the real question? Which brand of shotgun fits you "Better" from the get-go??? Buy that one. break em all jeff

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Both shotguns will serve you well. Do, buy a 32 inch barrel. The CG Summit will have the better trigger between the two. It will also cost you more.

Now for the real question? Which brand of shotgun fits you "Better" from the get-go??? Buy that one. break em all jeff
This is the same advice I was given in December when I went to compare the same two guns. I was really in love with the 725 and it had much better wood, but the Summit spoke to me as soon as I mounted it. The comment on the trigger is spot-on. The CG breaks much cleaner than the 725 I handled. A few more dollars, but I'm happy in my decision. I bought the Summit.

· Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I own both. For the money the 725 is the best. My CG Summit Sporting is a VERY flat shooting gun. Other than that, it is very well built, swings good. The 725 (I have both the Trap and Skeet models) shoot about 60/40 out of the box. I like the high rib on the trap model and shoot it the most at skeet and sporting clays. My two cents worth. Regards, Bob

· Sky Buster
4,481 Posts
I personally would buy the 725. It will last as long and do everything just as well for less $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have also owned both and prefer the Guerini. There was not enough cast off on the Browning
stock. I had to move the comb over more than I liked. The Guerini for me points better and the
trigger is much better. I have no love for Browning service (or lack of) Repairs should not take
3 months. Guerini's service is outstanding. The pit stop program is great.

· Registered
6,584 Posts
If you are shooting a serious amount? The CG will get you much better service for any issues that arise from lots of use. The dealer gunsmiths I know will do annual services on a CG for the same cost to you as the CG factory rep will do at a shoot. I have never heard of Browning servicing anything outside of their headquarters and the worst horror story I have heard about CGs service would be high praise for Browning's service on repairs.

To me that CG services there product not only for life but frequently wherever you are at is the scale tipper. And that there worst service is so much better than Browning's best, is just the elephant that is tipping/crushing the scale in CGs favor. And if it fits? That is having your cake and eating it to!

Al

· Registered
121 Posts
I have had both. I currently shoot a summit sporting black. I will never go back to a 725. My summit is awesome. No firing pin issues, no worries of a cracked stock on adjustable comb models, and excellant customer service. My only issue is changing my Username!!! I'm no longer a browning man !

· Registered
62 Posts
Also looking to upgrade into a CG from Citori CX but can’t decide on which model. Looking at the Summit Sporting since it’s more in line with what I want to spend but wondering if the Invictus is worth the extra $. Does anyone have experience with both?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.