Trapshooters Forum banner

Caesar Guerini my experience

12K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  Aaron. 
#1 · (Edited)
Caesar Guerini has got a bad rap in the past so I thought I would relate my experience with them.

I bought my Caesar Guerini Magnus Combo 32-34" in Feb. 29, 2008. I call it my 'leap-year' shotgun.

I have shot 75,000 rounds thru it and it has had all 3 pit-stops.

They swapped out the non-selective barrel safety at the Grand for a selective barrel safety for no charge.

I had the original 'grooved surface' trigger replaced with the new style smooth trigger because the old trigger wouldn't stay tight. Found out it was caused by the Allen screw. They changed the design on the new trigger. Because I was having trouble keeping it tight normally $100, no charge.

My perspiration had worn the finish off the receiver so after shooting for several years I sent the complete gun with both barrels back to Caesar Guerini in Maryland on October 1, 2015 to have the 'factory fresh' option done. This option makes the whole gun like new both metal & wood. I have a 'like new' combo for less than $2,000. My avatar above shows the gun when I got it back.

They told me it would be gone five to six months as the Magnus finish would have to be done in Italy. I would be sending it back in my off season so it didn't matter. Oct. 1, 2015 -March 14, 2016 and I had my gun back.

I have it set 13" high at 30 yards - all three barrels. When I miss I know it was me and why.

I have found the shotgun I have been looking for for years. I like my Caesar Guerini Magnus and I like Caesar Guerini service.

Michael

See less See more
#9 ·
I upgraded my safety to selectable on my Summit Trap combo when I sent it in for a pit stop last winter. Like it better being able to select top or bottom barrel first. Their service is first class. Andy is great. I like that they call once the gun is on their bench. I own a Challenger Ascent with tube set too. I’ll own another some day.

#10 ·
I have a Maxum 32/34 combo. Got it on April 29,2013. I have shot 25K shells with no Issues. I sent it back to the gunshop last Nov. and they did the first Pitstop on the gun including a refinish of the stock. $350. I love the gun it has worked well for me and after I got it tuned to my shooting style. Adjustable everything on it. I have had some recent issues with the rib on my O/U barrel. Pin keeps falling out at the muzzle. They said send it back and they would replace the rib.

#11 ·
Cg has wonderful customer service and their pit stop program is hard to beat. I will admit their reps at shot show seem to be a little stuck up though.

I had a summit sporting that my triggers weren't resetting and I sent it back and had it returned and fixed in 3 weeks.

#14 ·
Is everybody who has posted about their excellent service experience an original owner? I'm contemplating buying a CG in the secondary market, and have read that the Pitt Stop has limited transferability, but I'm curious if they take just as good care of individuals who buy their guns in the after market as they do of those that they sell the guns to originally.

#20 ·
Is everybody who has posted about their excellent service experience an original owner? I'm contemplating buying a CG in the secondary market, and have read that the Pitt Stop has limited transferability, but I'm curious if they take just as good care of individuals who buy their guns in the after market as they do of those that they sell the guns to originally.
I purchased a pre owned CG, service was exemplary, I was provided with a pit stop ,no charge, and had stock refinishing done which I was happy to pay for . I met Eric one of their gunsmiths , who provided me with details of what would be gone through. The gun was returned to me looking and shooting like a new firearm . Have nothing but good things to say about my experience.

#21 ·
I am the fourth owner (as far as I know) of my Summit and I sent it in for a pit stop and to have the release taken out and a pull trigger put in. All I paid for was the trigger parts which would occur on a new purchase. They tightened the action and barrel fit and put some new springs in also. No charge for the pit stop.

#28 ·
I bought one in November of 2018. Used from a broker. Super low round count.
Maxum trap combo with two triggers. I got a zoli z trap demo gun from the great guys at elite befor my purchase.
What i can say for me was the stock on the cg was way better for my shape. Also the o/u barrel has alot more adjustments. I do not regret buying one and om looking to get my wife the ladies version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.