Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the 2 guns listed above. I'm considering to buy one of these in twelve gauge and thirty two inch barrels.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
597 Posts
A tough choice as both guns are top of the line in the sporting gun category . The C. Guerini advertises life time warranty
something to consider and is priced a few bucks lower than the DT11. I don't know anyone shooting the DT11 but friends
who own the Guerini love their guns. If it were I choosing my pick would be the one that felt right and pleased my eye.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/caesar-guerini-shotguns/caesar-guerini-invictus-i-ascent-12ga-32-sn-142234.cfm?gun_id=100759285

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-sporting-clays/beretta-dt11-12ga-32-quot-sporting-sn-dt06417w.cfm?gun_id=100763981

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the 2 guns listed above. I'm considering to buy one of these in twelve gauge and thirty two inch barrels.

Thanks,

Chris
I quit shooting my browning crossover when I got my CG adj rib sporter.

jack mc

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Both great guns. Which one fits, swings and looks better to you. Given all guns fail and need service at some point is why I chose the customer service of CG.
CG attends major shoots and sets up a repair shop and with their warranty, repairs are no charge.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
As others said, both are great guns. Put a blindfold on and have someone hand you each gun and mount a few times. You will soon figure which one fits you perfect. I have never shot a CG but do shoot a DT-11. I can shoot it all day and not feel any discomfort. Having the extra trigger is nice, but never had to use it and have shot several thousand rounds through it. Steve

·
Registered
300 Posts
you'll definitely need to at least shoulder both. I shoot a DT11 (which has been a great gun through thousands of rounds). However I wanted to pick up a sub-gauge set for fun. A triple barrel CG caught my eye and I called up the dealer. he basically said "if you shoot Beretta's then CG's will fit great". The CG came with an adjustable comb, I figured that I would find a setting that works. big mistake, turns out that even though I fit Berettas, I need way more drop at comb then where the CG is set up.

So basically Berettas and CGs are set up to fit differently. Make sure you try before you buy.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Tron you did a adjustable comb that was well done for me. I value your experiences and opinions. The Beretta D-11 is no doubt an excellent gun built upon its predecessor the D-10 however have you had an Invictus in your hands with the stock off? Like I cited in my post most target guns at some point need annual. Generally, CG has a great reputation. t. I have emailed them a question and a gunsmith responded in less than 24 hours.
I do like the dual lock-up of Beretta. My overall CG experience has been excellent and do make great looking guns.

·
Registered
435 Posts
As others said, both are great guns. Put a blindfold on and have someone hand you each gun and mount a few times. You will soon figure which one fits you perfect. I have never shot a CG but do shoot a DT-11. I can shoot it all day and not feel any discomfort. Having the extra trigger is nice, but never had to use it and have shot several thousand rounds through it. Steve

Hi Steve ,noticed you purchased and shoot the DT11. You say that you have never had to use the second trigger ? Have you tried to install it ? I found that the second trigger that is included with a new gun was not fitted and had to have it fitted to my gun before being able to use it if needed . Thought I'd just pass it along if you haven't tried installing the second trigger into you gun. It may already fit , you'd be lucky ! Brian

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not to take this discussion too far off topic but what's the concensus on a nice used DT10 vs the CG? My budget is 6.5k which puts me borderline DT10/11 in the used market if I go Beretta. I also great affection for the round receiver Ellipse Evo Sporting. Thoughts, opinions?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Never tried Invictus but shot other CG models. I would go with DT11. Although, at your price range, check out also Zoli Z-Gun (with Bilanx) and Blaser F3. The former is a lot of gun for the money. Other options would be Perazzi MXS and Salvinelli L1.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hi Steve ,noticed you purchased and shoot the DT11. You say that you have never had to use the second trigger ? Have you tried to install it ? I found that the second trigger that is included with a new gun was not fitted and had to have it fitted to my gun before being able to use it if needed . Thought I'd just pass it along if you haven't tried installing the second trigger into you gun. It may already fit , you'd be lucky ! Brian
Hi Brian, You will laugh, but it took me awhile to unlock and get the trigger out. Selector switch was so tight, didn't want to force it and Beretta told me to try a drop of oil and let it set. Finally worked, and tried swapping them, out and in in a few seconds. I was lucky and it worked well. I take it out to clean before season starts but it is never dirty. I check it after shooting in the rain and oil it. Love the gun. Take care. Steve

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Brian, You will laugh, but it took me awhile to unlock and get the trigger out. Selector switch was so tight, didn't want to force it and Beretta told me to try a drop of oil and let it set. Finally worked, and tried swapping them, out and in in a few seconds. I was lucky and it worked well. I take it out to clean before season starts but it is never dirty. I check it after shooting in the rain and oil it. Love the gun. Take care. Steve
Not laughing Steve ! Been there and done that too and had safety selector lightened alittle and it's much better . There is a learning curve taking the trigger in and out and you are also right that the trigger doesn't get too dirty to have to remove it alot ,but only in wet weather to dry and re-oil ! Love my gun and had a great custom stock done by Dennis Devault . This gun will out last me and then some ! Brian

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I own a Dt-11 and i love it but you may not,I would not buy either gun without trying it first,good luck and good shooting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts