Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the Army/Navy game--saw players on both sides with tattoos--always thought a tattoo was a barrier to admission to a service academy---gotta let the brothers in if they play football !!!

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Apparently fitting in with the crowd overrides the reality of being seen as low class. The good news is that there has been a huge upswing in the number of idiots who now want to have them removed, which is painful, expensive and not cosmetically successful.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was under the impression that the tattoo could not be seen when wearing any of the service uniforms. I don't think it applies to athletic uniforms and gear.

The USMC, I believe, has tightened its grooming regs to the point where tats can't be seen when utilities' sleeves are rolled up on the arm.

Best, Dennis

·
Registered
671 Posts
Came close to getting tattoos when in the service, but always thought of the tattoos my WWII dad had. By the time he was in his 50's, they looked like blue blobs.
I am tattoo free! LOL

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
It wasn't so long ago that all the kids wanted to be like Roger Staubach. Now they all want to be like Jameis Winston. What a shithole this country of ours has turned into.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have a friend that went with me to Canoe U. and (after his lobotomy)he now recruits minorities from NYC into Annapolis. I have it on good authority the the professors there spend an inordinate amount of time trying to bring these minority students up to the academic standards commensurate with the rest of the brigade. One professor has even written articles about the cheapening of the standards because of the new "ideal" amount of Minority Officers in the "New Navy". This is the idea of the CNO, who feels that the percentage of minority Officers in the Navy should parallel the percentage of minorities in the enlisted ranks. In short, the quality of leadership should be dumbed down to the appropriate levels to match the enlisted cadre. That is why,I feel, there is an epidemic of Honor(lie,cheat and steal) violations at the Academy, along with the plague of sexual assaults being pursued by the NIS in the Navy(look it up, it is constantly in the news). In short, WS-1 hit the mark. I am ashamed to say that I served this country and put myself in harms way countless times, for the masses that pretend to call themselves "Americans" at present. As I like to say: "I have killed people I don't know, defending people I do not like." This is not the Country I swore to "support and defend". Period.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
A policeman friend of mine told me that law enforcement officers do not mind tattoos on suspects.

If they are visible, it assists them in identification.

Makes sense.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Pumpernck, I do agree with you

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Soldiers told new rules governing tattoos, grooming standards on the way

Under the new policy, new recruits will not be allowed to have tattoos that show below the elbows and knees or above the neckline, Chandler told troops. Current soldiers may be grandfathered in, but all soldiers will still be barred from having any tattoos that are racist, sexist or extremist.

Once the rules are implemented, soldiers will sit down with their unit leaders and “self identify” each tattoo. Soldiers will be required to pay for the removal of any tattoo that violates the policy, Chandler said.

http://www.stripes.com/news/army/soldiers-told-new-rules-governing-tattoos-grooming-standards-on-the-way-1.242828

1 - 10 of 10 Posts