Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by CAC in Ebensburg, PA, for the 1st time today. I did not make an appointment or place an order 1st - I was simply a “walk-in” (my wife & I were on our way back from a funeral in Eastern PA).

The only primers available were Cheddites (I didn’t get any).

The only powders I was interested in were Clays & 700X. They were out of both.

I picked up 4 bags of West Coast Magnum shot @ $47.90 each + 6% PA sales tax.

And I bought a flat of 12-ga Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics shells for a friend. 1-1/8 oz #7-1/2 shot, 1280 fps. $70.25 + 6% PA sales tax.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stopped by CAC in Ebensburg, PA, for the 1st time today. I did not make an appointment or place an order 1st - I was simply a “walk-in” (my wife & I were on our way back from a funeral in Eastern PA).

The only primers available were Cheddites (I didn’t get any).

The only powders I was interested in were Clays & 700X. They were out of both.

I picked up 4 bags of West Coast Magnum shot @ $47.90 each + 6% PA sales tax.

And I bought a flat of 12-ga Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics shells for a friend. 1-1/8 oz #7-1/2 shot, 1280 fps. $70.25 + 6% PA sales tax.

View attachment 1759891
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
333 Posts
The price on shot is consistent with what my range charges for West Coast, $50/bag, tax included. I believe their source is CAC. Looks like it may be the new normal.
$50 /bag may be the new normal for a short time (at least 10 months). The raw material market has been extremely tumultuous lately; look at other futures for reference. Price lately for lead shot has depended on when the order was placed, when the shot was dropped, transporting fees involved and the list goes on. I’ve bought shot at 3 different prices from XXX dealers and they all say the same thing; it’s going up. I will say the lower quality shot has been guaranteed at a much lower price than the premium components when/if it comes in (Spartan/Eagle).
If we could go back to 1969 I’d buy 150,000 tons of lead shot, a few stocks in technology and more than a few muscle cars.

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
I think it's a mistake to correlate the current retail price of lead shot with the spot price for lead. The people who make shot don't buy their raw materials in the spot market. They have long-term supply contracts with pricing much different than the spot price. I suspect transportation costs are the culprit, for both the raw materials and the finished product. So far as I know, there are no lead producers in the US and the raw material likely comes from South America.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Shot at the Ohio State shoot (last week in June) was $39 +/- a bag. Think it was West Coast Magnum or Lawrence Magnum. The chilled shot was cheaper yet.

Might have been old inventory though?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It’s like I’ve said before. Get used to the prices. If you haven’t noticed everything else in the world going up, including your food and fuel, you’re blind.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Components, groceries, fuel, clothing, whats your cable, electricity, water bills looking like these days & with each of these their related taxes as well. Seems the only people supporting this travesty of a administration are the ignorant & those in the income brackets that can afford to pay more without feeling the pinch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts