Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Shot one flat won't be getting another.
Punched primers patterned all over the place you experience may be better I hope so but for me will have to pass.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beat the crap out of AAs for me -- bt-99, A5 new model, citori. I use the low recoil , 1 1/8, 1050 as well as the 1200 fps. No issues.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have used a flat of the 1050 FPS 7.5 shot as well. No problems for me, but I have understood some have had issues in the past. I plan on buying again. That is purely my experience for what it's worth. I hope all have good luck if you try them as you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
863 Posts
They were selling them for $49.95 on the grounds at the August shoot at the Cardinal Center. I have shoot them with no problems.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
A
Beat the crap out of AAs for me -- bt-99, A5 new model, citori. I use the low recoil , 1 1/8, 1050 as well as the 1200 fps. No issues.
Beat the crap out of AA's? Your smoking crack bud.
Those shells are the cheapest crap money can buy.
Cut one open, measure the shot, inspect the shot and the rest of the components.
Total garbage, and they shoot like it!
To each his own,
Mark

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I got a couple extra cases of the 12ga. Low Recoil in 7.5 for only 54.00 per case if anybody wants it. Pick up or meet only in northeast-central Indiana.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the 1200/7.5 from the 24. I probably wouldn't shoot them in a State Championship, but for Thursday nights they are just fine. Never had a problem with them ~ Mich

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have shot well over 100 flats of these Herters shells over the past several years. They are Cheddite Primers and hulls. Very good shell and a great value.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wife and I have shot 5,000+ Herters 12 ga. and never have had a misfire. We buy when they go on sale. Shot 20 gauge too with same results. Mostly, 8's used, but the individual boxes are too thin. Beware!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just ordered another 20 cases. Only had one primer fail in 100+ cases. I've shot a few 99s with em and they work fine for me handicap. Until Clays comes back, it's my go to shell for the money.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have used a flat of the 1050 FPS 7.5 shot as well. No problems for me, but I have understood some have had issues in the past. I plan on buying again. That is purely my experience for what it's worth. I hope all have good luck if you try them as you can't beat the price.
+1^ Have only shot one box of the 1oz 1050FPS 7.5, which is a small sample size, but no issues and comparable recoil to the Winchester 7/8oz 980FPS loads which cost about $30 a flat more. Ordered several more flats of the Herter's.

And I believe the free shipping promo expired on Sept. 23.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've shot 50 cases with no problems .. What would make the primers pop out? I heard of this before with Winchesters but can imagine why it would happen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts