Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the re-introduction of the Herters shotshells at Cabela's can you tell me who actually makes these for Cabela's? I heard that B&P did previously but now it is Winchester. Is that correct?

·
Registered
32,240 Posts
With the re-introduction of the Herters shotshells at Cabela's can you tell me who actually makes these for Cabela's? I heard that B&P did previously but now it is Winchester. Is that correct?

Made by Winchester, look the same as the Universal by Winchester. Check at bottom of this page if you want to see some past posts about this subject. I have shot a couple of boxes, not bad for a 16 or doubles shell to shoot and toss, no point trying to reload and I, personally would not use for Handicap.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
They are Winchester.

What I don't know is what hull they're using. If they are AA style, they are reloadable. If they are the same hulls they use for the Browning line of shells, they're junk.

·
Registered
32,240 Posts
Winchester Universal, non target Super Sport and Herters have a 6 point crimp

Winchester Super Sport Targets have a 8 point crimp, just like AA’s. If you are going to reload Winchester steel base Super Sports, reload the 8 crimp Target.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
Winchester Universal, non target Super Sport and Herters have a 6 point crimp

Winchester Super Sport Targets have a 8 point crimp, just like AA’s. If you are goi;g to reload Winchester steel base Super Sports, reload the 8 crimp Target.
Ahh, I see. I basically lump Win shells into AA or not AA. Universal, Super Targets are junk. AA is decent...for now.

·
Registered
32,240 Posts
What is a troll?
Ahh, I see. I basically lump Win shells into AA or not AA. Universal, Super Targets are junk. AA is decent...for now.
I think Super Targets are below AA’s but above “junk”......just my opinion. Back in the 70’s, Winchester made a paper “ “Super Target.” Not quite as good as Federal Papers, but they were a good target competition shell at a cheaper price and that was when AA’s and others averaged 3 bucks a box suggested retail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought 2 cases awhile back, one ounce 1180 fps. They shot good at sporting. I am not a reloader, but two buddies cut hull apart and examined and said they were Winchester made. I actually like better than the previous Herters, but are also more expensive. Plan to get more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts