Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As any of you with a Cabela's CC knows, the basic program is that you receive 1% back, in club points, for all your purchases. In checking my latest statement I found that they had shorted me about $22 in points. When I called them they acknowledged that they were having some problems with the transition from the old Cabela's CC to the new Capital One cards. They not only corrected the error but gave me an additional $47 in points for my trouble.

Might pay to check your balance on your statement.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Having trouble with the conversion....I would say so.....they didn't give me credit for my payoff of the last bill. When I called them on it they asked me where they credited it. "How would I know? I thought that was your responsibility."

·
Registered
473 Posts
I’m having issues with the conversion as well. When I went in to set up the new account on the Capital One web site it could not find me. After several phone calls and conversations they set it up manually and suddenly it found me and my acc0unt. Then they said it would be several days before it was active so I could get in and review my statement prior to making a payment. Depending on how long it would take, it would most likely be past the due date. I told her that was unacceptable so she offered to take my payment over the phone. Again, I explained that would be unacceptable with out having an opportunity to review the charges. “I can read them to you” she said. NO, I need to see it. Finally got is straight but it was a frustrating ordeal. I’m probably going to switch cards....

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m having issues with the conversion as well. When I went in to set up the new account on the Capital One web site it could not find me. After several phone calls and conversations they set it up manually and suddenly it found me and my acc0unt. Then they said it would be several days before it was active so I could get in and review my statement prior to making a payment. Depending on how long it would take, it would most likely be past the due date. I told her that was unacceptable so she offered to take my payment over the phone. Again, I explained that would be unacceptable with out having an opportunity to review the charges. “I can read them to you” she said. NO, I need to see it. Finally got is straight but it was a frustrating ordeal. I’m probably going to switch cards....
I had those, as well. Followed their instructions and they wouldn't work. Finally got that straightened out. I told them that if they did as good a job as the former Cabela's bank, I'd stick with them. If they didn't, I wouldn't. Not looking real good, so far. (Maybe that's why they gave me the extra $47; to bribe me.:))

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
What's in your wallet? Definitely not Capital One.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Last time I was at the store checking out the clerk advised me to keep an eye on the points because of the problems they were having with the transition to the new card.She said most of the errors were from using the Bass Pro card at Cabelas.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
It's really sad to see the downgrading of my local Cabela's since the Bass Pro merger. I no longer worry about points because I won't shop there anymore. Only good thing that I can see is that the packing lot is usually pretty empty.........park wherever you want.

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
Havent received my new card yet but I dont think Ill activate it when it shows up. Dont care for Bass pro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone have chargeback issues during changeover.
Turned 3 weeks of charges my into chargebacks. 3 weeks of Capital One fun.

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand they are about to get in bed with Mastercard. true?
That's my understanding. We're all supposed to get new cards and they will be mastercards.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have gotten MasterCard applications, but no card. Really don't want a Capital one card. I will probably cut it up of I get one.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Just got a new card.........yup, it's a MC. It makes very little difference to me as I don't plan to use it anyway.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I was not looking forward to this, but my change over has been flawless.

They sent me messages, by mail, saying what and when they would do things -- and they have.
Some of the new benefits from the new card, I found to be nice and helpful.
Time will tell if I keep it or not.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have used the cabelas card now for about 15
years, and would really miss it, if things don't
work out. I have bought a zillion things with
the points received.

Someone made some charges with credit
card number, and it got flagged, so I called
to straighten it out. The people I talked to
had East Indian accents. I kind of miss
talking to Americans like I did before.
Anyway, I have had no problems yet, just
hope it stays that way, time will tell.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Have had a black card since shortly after they started but I will drop them if I have any issues. Have not had a very good feeling about this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When the "changeover" occurred, my card stopped working at gas pumps. It is saying that the ZIP code that I enter at the pump is incorrect. I called customer service and was told that nothing was wrong and it was just a vendor problem. The customer service seems to farmed out to India now, not helpful at all!

I'm replacing it with a Chase Freedom card which as 1.5% cash back on all purchases.

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
20 minutes ago I got a call from the Capital One fraud alert department. They told me that there was a problem with my Cabela's card with the last 4 digits of XXXX. I told him I didn't have such a card. He then referenced the number of the Cabela's card that I do have. Neither is any good anymore. Apparently the card that he first mentioned, which is my new Cabela's Master Card, which I have not yet received, had some kind of a "fraud exposure", and neither is valid anymore and he is FedExing new ones. This is just amazing -- a new card which I have yet to receive has already been compromised.

Somehow, I don't believe that my relationship with Capitol One will be a long one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts