Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased some firearm gear, supplies, barrels for my 682, new .22 pistol... I can afford it, we're not starving; just feeling a little guilty.

have two big family trips coming and a couple of birthdays coming up, mine was 4 months ago so can't use that as an excuse. I'm sure I'll get over it but my spending needs to stop. I won't be carrying my credit cards with me for a while, need to resist those impulse buys. I have enough gear and ammo to last me a few sessions so I shouldn't need anything. But then again i usually justify my spending as a "need".

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Spend less than you make. Get out of debt. Save for retirement. You will have much more fun when you get older, and have the time to enjoy the good life. With the lack of 22 ammo, I'm surprised anyone is selling 22 guns.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: If you really want it and can afford it buy it. Most gun stuff does not loose it's value like some other things. Like a new car. I would look into reloading stuff also, buy it used and save a bunch but it will always be worth something if you buy good quality. I have some Dillon reloading machines that are worth more now than when I bought them. Can't say that about many things these days. Another good thing to do is go out and enjoy your new toys. It makes that feeling go away real quick. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Spend less than you make. Get out of debt. Save for retirement. You will have much more fun when you get older, and have the time to enjoy the good life. With the lack of 22 ammo, I'm surprised anyone is selling 22 guns.
Agreed,

But enjoy life as well, You do not know when your last day is..
Enjoy life it is within your means.

DGH

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
I can't say I suffer much from "Buyers Remorse" , but I have experienced "Sellers Remorse" . If I only knew those cars, guns, and baseball cards would be worth so much today! Dang!

Reactions: RickN

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
An old farmer's proverb my wife and I have tried to live by for our entire marriage: "Live within your harvest..." And then the corollary goes with it, "...after you've put up enough jars to get through a long winter."

·
Registered
685 Posts
just keep buying if you have remorse feelings just think of yourself and tell others you are a hoarder. make yourself believe that you only go around once. hey it works for the rest of the world.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I've got a bunch of guns I never shoot. I love guns but they're emotional purchases and based on the number of safe queens you see on here I'd say I'm not the only one.

Look at them, lust after them even, but keep your money in your pocket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow guys thanks for all the support, Glad I'm not alone in this misery of impulse purchases.

I figure that I'll pull some extra shifts in the coming months to help make up the difference.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Money comes and goes. But guns last forever. Besides you can always sell them if you have to. There are a lot of toys out there that don't hold their value as well as guns. I always look at toys as having entertainment value. Even if I sell them at a loss, I got to enjoy them and that is worth something. When I take the family to the movies it costs $100 for one night's entertainment. But those memories are precious and that is money well spent. Same can be said with a lot of toys. Just be glad you aren't into wine, airplanes, boats, hotrods or any number of more expensive hobbies!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You should have bought yourself a nice boat instead....:sillydummies:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts