Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a replacement gun case for my Caesar Guerini Maxum Trap Unsingle. The G.C. web site has a picture of what they call a Case02 34”, which is an exact replacement for the original case my gun came in. What I received was nothing like the pictures or the original.
According to their General Manger Scott, (I think that’s his name) they no longer carry that case and have not gotten around to changing the pictures on the web site.
Makes me wonder how seriously they take customer service if they have no way, or won’t take the time to alert the customer that what you’re going to receive is not what you ordered.
It has also made me reconsider the purchase of a new C.G. (sorry about that Larry P.)
He did say I could return it for full credit. Jim

·
Premium Member
5,546 Posts
So I take it you consider it an inferior case? Is it a negrini case? Pictures ?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tron, are you serious? You don't see a problem with a company not telling you that what you have ordered is not available, just sending what they have, and not taking the time to change their wed site? Makes me wonder how many others feel as you do. I find it hard to believe that kind of customer service is considered acceptable, but if you're in the majority, I can see why it would be.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Tron
So it's ok if I sell you something and ship something else?? Hope that is not how you do stock work.

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
I see this type of case issue come up a lot in the musical instrument business. Most manufacturers of instruments do not make the cases so when production gets changed for a new material or latch style or say interior finish there has been many times where when we order a replacement some things are different. We also see when many manufacturers do not change the info on their site(Not saying it is right) just that the case here(no pun intended) is that Im not surprised. I do sales and service for most of the major brands including Fender/Gibson/Martin and there have been times where we have had to process a warrenty replacement on a case and the company no longer offers the same case cosmetically or even structure so we are supplied with a alternate.If the case meets spec. and will work great if not send it back at least the are willing to give you your money back. Maybey check out a Americase.

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
There was a time where I had purchased a sound system for my jeep at a well known car audio shop in my area and had worked with the sales staff and installer and purchased what they had recommended.... so about 4 months goes buy and the system stopped working so I made an appointment and stopped in and they guy pulls the deck ect. and I ask him what he thinks and he proceeds to tell me that "If you bought what we told you to buy this would not have happened" I was like WTF???? I purchased exactly what you recommended and had you install it so what kind of answer is that??? The installer says to me ok we will look into repairing it and give you a call. I never did hear back from them and to be frank I could have cared less as I just moved on because at that point I realized that at no point would I get anywhere with them.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Its a sign of the times. No one takes responsibility. And the comment "They said they'd give your money back, so what's the problem?" just proves the point.

I agree not updating the website just shows a lack of pride and concern for the customer. Unfortunate.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
All I'm saying is that there are times when the head doesn't know what the tail is doing....sheesh.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have given my thread more thought. I should have said something like “before you order a case from C.G. give them a call to make sure it’s in stock”. Sorry if I caused hard feelings, that was not my intensions.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
26oojamest,

Actually your thread is a good teaching/learning point. When purchasing a case from CG give them a call.

Also, if you are happy with your Maxum and the CG action go ahead and pick up another CG. You obviously wanted one before the problem with the case.

Now if the problem had been with the service and/or repair of your Maxum then I would not be buying another CG.

Jason

PS: As for Tron being hurt he is seriously thinking of quitting trapshooting:icon_rolleyes: as noted in another thread, so don't give him no mine.
:icon_lol:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Normally most manufacturers have a disclaimer on their sales materials such as "Pictures may not represent the actual item" "Items pictured are subject ot change without notice" "Company reserves the right to make changes or substitute items shown"

When I make a purchase based on pictures, I always ask if the item is the same as shown on their sales materials. this saves a lot of grief for both parties. Guerini offered to take the case back, no big deal, it's life. I bought three of their guns because they are great, not a case how about you

Surfer

·
Registered
909 Posts
I ordered a replacement gun case for my Caesar Guerini Maxum Trap Unsingle. The G.C. web site has a picture of what they call a Case02 34”, which is an exact replacement for the original case my gun came in. What I received was nothing like the pictures or the original.
According to their General Manger Scott, (I think that’s his name) they no longer carry that case and have not gotten around to changing the pictures on the web site.
Makes me wonder how seriously they take customer service if they have no way, or won’t take the time to alert the customer that what you’re going to receive is not what you ordered.
It has also made me reconsider the purchase of a new C.G. (sorry about that Larry P.)
He did say I could return it for full credit. Jim
Well, does the case shoot alright?
I have 4 CGs and they all came with different cases. Send it back, get a refund, and buy a Browning case.

·
Vendor
19,769 Posts
Thanks you guys. the Negrini case we offer are later models and better designed with better materials. Adn usually same or lower price. I along with other Negrini dealers offer better replacements than OEI stuff. Negrini sells the OEI stuff, but oftne a design model behind current models That we sell.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts