Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buyer Beware of a Charles Hyder from Tennessee I sent him a cashiers check for a K-80 barrel he said he had. I have never recieved the barrel. He said he didn't recieve check then the Post Office showed it was delivered. Then he said he couldn't cash it and my bank tracked it and it cleared on 12/17/13 still no barrel and now no correspondence from Mr. Hyder !

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Ah, maaaan! A bunch of us were playing this guy a few weeks ago, David even sent out a warning. Bunch of guns for sale - scammer - it's a shame but you've been had. Better go through the USPS and see if they can help. See the link

·
Registered
245 Posts
You have obviously spoken with this person and sent him money via USPS. Check with your postmaster, as I believe they can pursue him for using the mail for fraudulent purposes. They frown on this heavily. Follow their advice and turn it over to them.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Somehow he(or someone) had to of cashed this check. Call you're bank and find out the location where it was cashed or deposited. Banks have security cameras running 24/7 maybe you will get lucky.

Doug

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
The postal service used to go after these guys but with how prevalent it has become, I suspect they do either nothing or little. How could they? How many scammers have been on this site alone over the years? Think about it... Thousands of other web sites devoted to everything from cars to bird watching.. and scammers working them as well.

I suspect they will pawn it off on your bank or local law enforcement. I hope I am wrong but I suspect I am not.Jeff

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Last year I bought a 46' yacht from a fellow in Florida with the agreement that he would deliver it to Texas. I sent him a deposit but he didn't deliver the vessel. I submitted all of my documentation to Internet Crime Complaint Center (the Federal Government). It only took them 30 days to get my money back. What "Charles Hyder" did to you is a crime. Pursue him!!

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
These people need to go before the trapshooters jury. A tree and a rope out back. Just incase the party is found guilty. Punishment commence immediately. Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
He got me for $250 for a BT99 stock.. I suspect he's receiving mail at a location other than where he lives, or someone in the local PO is delivering his mail. Here's the address he used: 164 Stooping Oaks Road, Dunlap TN 37327

I'm turning the deal over to the PO today, as I paid him with a USPS money order.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Call the local P.D. and file a theft report with them. Ask them to charge him. You may have to go to the area for the court process but you may have a chance to get something back.

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,710 Posts
Google maps was able to find it. See link above. 'Oak' is singular, not plural.

It's a very small world. You can now see the front of this guy's house or an accomplices.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
My unfortunate experience is that the PO will ask you to file a Police Report so they have something from a local law enforcement agency. That's the first step, then go to the PO and file another report, providing them a copy of the local police report.

Good luck

Gene in Illinois

1 - 20 of 32 Posts