Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment, I have a custom built (by myself) spacer that I love. The problem is, it is a little too wide for the gun(it sticks out past the stock). I would like to make my own spacers (from a tube of aluminum) ~ my only concern is that the aluminum would either brake or other misc items get in between the gun and the buttplate. Are my worries nill?

P.S. I don't know how think of tubing I would use, still debating on that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
http://www.mcmaster.com/#spacers/=pou695

I'm pretty sure you can find what you need here.

I usually use delrin stock .... scribe and belt sand for a perfect fit.

Bob

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impala, I have some aluminum stock that I can make myself. My only concern is that it would break because of the recoil, or crap would get in there and somehow mess something up.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Are you talking about between the rear stock and the recoil pad? I can't envision using aluminum tubing for this application. What am I missing?
Mark

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I'm using aluminum tubing is because, for me at least, I can make custom sizes and it is very easy to turn on a lathe. I currently have 5/16 worth of spacing in there, which is made from half homemade materials and half spacers bought off of the internet.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes turning spacers will work fine, most on here have probably used regular bolt washers to get the length needed. Once that length has been determined some flat aluminum, plexi glass, etc. is usually used for the final fix.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Here is a 1/4" spacer. see link. I can't believe a 1/16" would make any difference. Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts