Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ljutic Nut
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the final word on Butler Shotguns? Are they gone forever, is someone really going to come in and get them going again? If not did everyone that preordered get their money back? I just have not seen anything on here in a while about them and I'm curious.

Jim R

·
Registered
220 Posts
To my knowledge, everyone who ordered a Butler shotgun had their gun delivered. There were a few depositors that chose to receive their money back and did so.

At this point in time, I am working on several fronts to see if I can restart the production of the Butler XX12. I personally own the patents, and have complete working drawings, but a production facility is needed along with normal startup requirements.

On a side note, I shot my best handicap score at the Autumn Grand in Tucson with my XX12 and lost in a shoot off with Ray Stafford from CO in the veteran category. I did get a yard though.

I will be attending the Spring Grand in Tucson as a shooter and look forward to getting back to shooting after quite a long hiatus.

Larry Butler

·
Registered
992 Posts
Larry, It is good to hear from you and I am glad that no one got burnt. I do hope you get your gun up and running again as i think it is a winner. Trevor Dawe

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Larry

Welcome back

I like my Butler, especially for doubles and handicap

How long before a skeet and or sporting model comes out?

May 2014 be your year.

Dave

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Larry, I saw the Justice model as he shot it at Ben Avery with the nifty shell catcher at work you built!! NEAT and it worked flawlessly!!

HAP

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Larry
Great to hear you're still positive and have control of your designs and patents. Now armed with greater knowledge, I feel confident you will find the right manufacturing ingredients to bring your baby back to the shooting community to everyone's benefit.

My best to you.

Surfer

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thank everyone for their supportive comments.

Regarding the shell catcher, it was a "one off" from a 3D printer with metal clips installed. A prototype if you will. Billy Justice in Az had it and basically it wore out. If and when I get the XX12 going, I'll bring this forward also. Same with a skeet model. I use my parallel comb stock "trap" XX12 for sporting all the time. We made true sporting stocks for buyers that wanted them as the gun is suitable for both disciplines. For skeet I had a 26 inch barrel made, and will be trying it in AZ within a few weeks.

Larry Butler

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Good to see all is going well for you Larry. I had the pleasure of meeting you at the spring grand last year when lunch tables were at a premium and I invited you to sit with my wife and I not having a clue who you were. You had your field rep and production fellow with you and we had a very enjoyable chat around the table. My best wishes for your future endeavors as you had a real quality product out there. A healthy and prosperous New Year for all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts